Analogman Astrotone FUZZ pedal,saweeeeet!!

Standard 64

Reaction score
I wish I could post a video,but you can watch a couple of them on his analogman website of this fuzz pedal.It has silicon transistors in it from around 1966,and he tweaks the pedal to sound better(read analogmans description).Also someone recomends playing the pedal for a day to blow the cobwebs out of the 40 plus year parts he uses to capture that vintage tone.My les paul :dude: loves this pedal,going through my fender amp.The cool thing is that the fuzz is not harsh or over the top,its more subtle,kind of mixed with distortion,but the flavor is definatly FUZZ.The tone knob all the way to the right is pure silicon fuzz and the more you turn it to the left it warms up a lot,way cool.I am nailing real great old school tones that I heard in my head(dont go their,ha!)and when I pulled out my steel slide and put the guitar in the neck position,WOW:thumb:Their not cheap,but Im glad its on my board.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
That sounds killer, man! I've been kinda jonesing for a sunface to couple up to my beano boost.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I always want to get one of those but I keep spending money on other things.

2009LPGT

Reaction score
Cool man! I have a Sunlion that I keep waffling back and forth whether to sell it or not. I definitely like the Beano Boost side and the fuzz and Beano are cool together. The fuzz itself it cool too but I never have gotten too cozy with fuzz.

Clips of the Astrotone sound great though! Congrats!!

Standard 64

Reaction score
That sounds killer, man! I've been kinda jonesing for a sunface to couple up to my beano boost.
they go great together!!!like peanut butter n jelly

I always want to get one of those but I keep spending money on other things.
now you have a mission in life,you can do it!!!!

Cool man! I have a Sunlion that I keep waffling back and forth whether to sell it or not. I definitely like the Beano Boost side and the fuzz and Beano are cool together. The fuzz itself it cool too but I never have gotten too cozy with fuzz.

Clips of the Astrotone sound great though! Congrats!!
most fuzzes are voiced different,their are so many to choose from,some guys have up to 20 different fuzz pedals!!!

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I've been mulling over an Astro Tone for a while now. What appeals to me is that it's brighter sounding than a Sun Face, Peppermint fuzz and even silicon Fuzz Face based clones. I've tried to use fuzz with my band, but my never cuts through enough; hopefully the Astro Tone would do it.

Standard 64

Reaction score
Very cool. I've been mulling over an Astro Tone for a while now. What appeals to me is that it's brighter sounding than a Sun Face, Peppermint fuzz and even silicon Fuzz Face based clones. I've tried to use fuzz with my band, but my never cuts through enough; hopefully the Astro Tone would do it.
the tone knob is weird,or I should say different,all the way to the right(dimed) is bright,then as you turn it counterclockwise it starts to warm up at around 2 to 3 oclock.Yesterday I played it for llike an hour and a half,trying different settings and bonding with it,it is great having another flavor of drive on my board besides my OCD and crunchbox.Those 2 are good,but yesterday I enjoyed just playing the fuzz.Neck position or bridge,it didnt matter,sometimes less fuzz and more volume or just more fuzz,picking lightly and listening to this awesome pedal and then digging in.

4nd3h

Reaction score
Still liking the Astrotone?

Latest Threads