An(other) Evening with Joe Bonamassa

Brutus

Reaction score
Fantastic story! Thank you for sharing.

Joe is indeed a gearhead!!! He also has a photographic memory and doesn't forget a conversation. He's a down to earth good dude. Y'all enjoy the show!!!

Frampton129

Reaction score
I'm going to see Joe this Saturday night in Cleveland. I have meet and greet, but what's the secret to getting back to the vault!? LOL

I'm taking my Joe B #114 Wildwood back for Joe to sign the back of the headstock. It will be interesting to see if he recalls owning the guitar, and the changes he made to it. He put cream plastics on it instead of the black, changed the poker chip and truss rod cover. He changed the mismatched knobs too. I just acquired this in trade with Darth550. Here is a shot...

freebyrd 69, I'm patiently waiting for pictures and a review of last night's show in Cleveland. This was my sixth time seeing Joe, and as usual he didn't disappoint. It's cool when you can see a concert and vintage guitar show at the same time :)

While I would have preferred a shorter acoustic set, he did keep it interesting with the additional musicians on stage. Half of his acoustic guitars were Gibsons and the other half were a brand I didn't recognize. Any idea what they were? Also, kudos to Joe for not letting the technical problems derail the acoustic part of the show. Stuff like that happens, and Joe dealt with it really well.

jc2000

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Joe seems very accessible to his fans.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
freebyrd 69, I'm patiently waiting for pictures and a review of last night's show in Cleveland. This was my sixth time seeing Joe, and as usual he didn't disappoint. It's cool when you can see a concert and vintage guitar show at the same time :)

While I would have preferred a shorter acoustic set, he did keep it interesting with the additional musicians on stage. Half of his acoustic guitars were Gibsons and the other half were a brand I didn't recognize. Any idea what they were? Also, kudos to Joe for not letting the technical problems derail the acoustic part of the show. Stuff like that happens, and Joe dealt with it really well.

The thread is up! The other guitars....on Django/Mt. Time, he used an Ernie Ball Dark Morse. The double neck was also an Ernie Ball, I think they call it the "Baritone" model or something. I believe the rest were all Gibson's. I know he threw his sig model ES 335 in there too.

Rodmac

Reaction score
Any guy who knows enough to play a mid '60s Marshall JTM-45 MK1V Super Trem BB on his album........ knows TONE !....... nice one Joe.

The one thing Mr Solo doesn't appreciate is, with an Orig '60 LP and Marshall BB at your disposal you don't need no crappy tin box to get killer tone.
Shame we didn't hear more of the beauty of the guitar thru amp and less of the tin box he is pushing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MPyzhevv4Q"]The Schaffer Replica[/ame]

01:17 ...... re Joe :dude:

Latest Threads