An odd night.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yesterday late afternoon, I started in the kitchen as usual. We're going to roast a chicken, boil up some taters for mashing, and do up some fresh green beans. I started prepping the chicken; washing it out, usual thing.

All of a sudden I got super tired. I said to my wife, "babe, I have to take a break and lie down".

I went into the bedroom and lay down on the bed.

Next thing I know, it's late this morning. Late for me, anyway.

She made the whole dinner herself and ate alone. Did not want to disturb me.

I was fucking out cold.

This "super sleep" happens to me every few weeks. All this morning, I feel a bit woozy and groggy. Hands and joints are stiff. Fingers are a bit swollen. Better now that it's Noon.

Anybody else get this?

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
Time to see the doctor? That seems odd for someone with a stable life/work routine**

**I'm no doctor, and don't even play one on MLP

EDIT: any correlation to the amount of nonsense you have to wrangle here in the Backstage? Not kidding. Stress is a thing that eats away in unseen doses.

Olds442

Reaction score
my dad used to, before his heart surgery.

triple bypass, i hope that's not where this goes for you. get your ticker checked on.

i hope that's not the case but your body is telling you something.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just had a total physical, and a "finger up the ass" by our doctor a couple of months ago.

Along with some follow-ups.

BP is a tad high. Gotta cut down on the sugar (stopped drinking Coke, went to iced tea)

Other than that, I'm strong as a bull.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should get checked out by a doctor. May be the Wuhan or High Blood pressure.
I think we all would like you to stay around for a while.
Yeah.. no covid here. Believe me.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't happen all the time.

every three-four weeks, I'll have a day of "tired".

I can still work all day, most days.

Olds442

Reaction score
It doesn't happen all the time.

every three-four weeks, I'll have a day of "tired".

I can still work all day, most days.
for my dad, it started slow. then it was the weekends, then almost every day.

it's probably not that, but never hurts to know for sure. be smart, defend your health as you would your home. :cheers2:

scott1970

Reaction score
Sudden and intense exhaustion, long periods of sleep, a foggy mental state, and severely swollen joints (especially in the hands) have all been symptoms from my bout of Covid-19.

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
You sure that was his finger :shock:

You were probably just exhausted then, still may be worth a mention to the doc

I’d be asking for proof it was his finger though, just sayin :lol:

jb_abides

Reaction score
I have it come on early evenings the night after I don't get great O2 with the apnea during normal sleep time. So, could be sleep apnea at night bringing it on during the day. Maybe a sleep study is in order... Does the wife hear you snoring or have uneven breathing, or sporadic stoppage at night?

Also, I am tracking this to diet and environment as well, are triggers.
  • Too much salt.
  • Too much sweet if you have been on a low sugar diet.
  • Dry, low humidity seems to aggravate it as well.

Last edited:

Leumas

Reaction score
Seriously Dave, please get checked out again. I'm no doctor but I work in the medical field, the first thing that pops up with that description is congestive heart failure. If you're not familiar it does NOT mean that there is necessarily anything wrong with your heart, it means that at certain times (it can come and go on it's own) your body will retain fluid (swelling is a big symptom) in your chest cavity and take up enough space that your heart can't physically move enough to do its job properly and can restrict the amount of oxygen being supplied to your brain and other organs (woozy).

At the very least I would order a pulse oximiter and a blood pressure cuff and monitor yourself daily. There are a ton of different brands and pricepoints, but those links are a start. You know about blood pressure, and with the pulse-ox you can monitor your oxygen saturation in your blood. 95-100% is fine. It can be normal to dip into the low 90's for brief periods, but if you notice your oxygen readings lingering around 90 or lower for extended periods of time it can be a sign that something bigger is happening.

Latest Threads