An Amazing Find! 1960 Gibson Les Paul Burst!

vklobucar

Reaction score
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

?????

Have I offended someone? That was not my intention to be clear :)

Deftone

Reaction score
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

?????

Have I offended someone? That was not my intention to be clear :)
I was totally joking and agreeing with you.

I sold off some stuff (a vintage strat and a couple of vintage Marshall heads, and a blackface Champ) long ago. Pains me to think about now.

judson

Reaction score
if you have been playing for awhile, most have sold off gear that you regret later,

if the original owner of this burst that sold it or traded it to the OP grandpa, were still alive in 2000 when i think you could buy one for the $25k range , he would regret it, and at todays prices.....who knows what he would do, but it happens to most :dunno:

no news where this one went?

lpfan1980

Reaction score
:cheers: If I had a vintage Strat or Burst my GAS would be cured at least electric wise.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
I sold off some stuff (a vintage strat and a couple of vintage Marshall heads, and a blackface Champ) long ago. Pains me to think about now.
When I went back to the UK last year to see my folks my Dad told me that he had owned one of the very first Marshall heads, couldn't remember the model but he said it had the number on the back of it. He's in his early 70's now so his memory's probably a bit hazy, but he reckons he had #13 and bought it directly from Jim Marshall.

Anyhow, said it was too loud for the band he was in at the time so traded it for cigarettes, a few pints of beer and £20. Still pains him to talk about it

MiniB

Reaction score
Why can't this happen to me? My grandpa left me an apple peeler. You make me sick, dude.

;)

iguana15

Reaction score
I sold my 68 gold top with small headstock in 1982 for $300. I wanted to break even after I had it about 10 years. Pain!!

jbash

Reaction score
I never saw this thread previously.

Just wow.

Condolences to the OP

Did anyone ever figure out how much the guitar went for? Roundabout price?

Last edited:

Chicago Matt

Reaction score
I sold a '62 Stratocaster in the mid 80's for $1200. What are you gonna do? The story of this Les Paul is great. Happy for the OP.

Latest Threads