An Amazing Find! 1960 Gibson Les Paul Burst!

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was recently offered the same guitar by a private 3rd party helping the 'inheritee' - so apparently the guitar is still available.

Unfortunately the 'geniuses of the internet' have convinced him that the guitar is certainly worth almost twice a 'real' price, and it won't sell anytime soon.
I was approached about it a few weeks ago as well.

However, he posted on FB yesterday that there is a new owner. So who knows.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
It might become a major hassle for this guy-curse of a Burst.

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the 'geniuses of the internet' have convinced him that the guitar is certainly worth almost twice a 'real' price, and it won't sell anytime soon.
Honestly, posts that are so "uniformed" as to impact this forums content in a embarrassingly negative way should be deleted. I'm serious.

ie: Post #10.

jenton70

Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, posts that are so "uniformed" as to impact this forums content in a embarrassingly negative way should be deleted. I'm serious.

ie: Post #10.
I don't buy bursts (unfortunately) so I stay out of the business of offering advice as to proper pricing. So I agree.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
If I found a real burst it would not be sold-you already hit the lottery as a guitar player :D .

Gretev1

Reaction score
Beautiful example of a 1960 burst! Love the orange sunburst and the reflector knobs!

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
If it were me.. I’d try to source some original tuners to fix it.. if that option is out I would get the “next best” option.

After that, I would just play it. Even if ya listed it for sale I’m sure you would have plenty of hours left to play it before someone bites.. otherwise... keep fresh strings on it and enjoy!

vklobucar

Reaction score
I dunno.....

Having dreamed of such a guitar since my youth some 35 years ago, I would probably keep it truth be told.

Mind you I have amassed a pretty decent somewhat vintage (though nothing like a 50's burst) collection AND am fortunate to be in a good financial situation too.

My wife would probably roll her eyes and point to my '71 Les Paul and question the nearly $200,000 price difference between two guitars. Guitars that to her eyes, look remarkably the same. lol!

How many people on this forum alone have sold (for whatever reason) a vintage Les Paul or Strat and deeply regretted it all these years later?

Mind you finding such a guitar in my grandfathers closet would be one thing, convincing my wife to spend $175,000 to $200,000 on a real market burst would be something totally different. And the later would not fly with her ! lol

Last edited:

Latest Threads