An Amazing Find! 1960 Gibson Les Paul Burst!

moreles

Reaction score
Chymore45: Your grandfather left you a wonderful legacy and a valuable one. That must feel good, even as you feel his loss in your life. My advice is to have at least two "experts" with purchase interest check out the guitar. I would entertain offers rather than working with one main buyer. Others with more experience may know better, in which case listen to them, but from my perspective I don't see much sense in relinquishing the opportunity to solicit offers by working with a single buyer -- including the many very honest, objective experts that I'm glad to say do exist. Ultimately, any purchaser, however nice, is pursuing self-interest.

TrackerDan

Reaction score
Mine was a 54 and I still miss it.

You have literally stumbled onto the holy grail for the Gibson loving guitarists. Don't change anything.

Congratulations

TrackerDan

Reaction score
Musical instruments are a lot like the stock market. Up and down. A little bit about what eric said is right as well. You have to strike while the iron is hot. That's a whole lot for you to think about and analyze.

TrackerDan

Reaction score
Don't send it to anyone who says they want to sell it on consignment. Don't let it out of your hands.

skydog

Reaction score
Consult MLP etiquette guide for what purple text means. :)

There is no MLP etiquette guide, but since @Chymore45 is new to the forum... purple text around here shows a joke, irony, or sarcasm. It's the visual version of saying "I'm only kidding".
Is it purple, or eggplant?

skydog

Reaction score
Why are you so hard pressed to jump on anyone that makes a comment ?? I mean Gezzz... But then again i see you listed you're LP for sale on reverb, Guess you're trying to upgrade with a different LP at the lowest possible price..It's not hard to see.‍:wave:
I was wondering the same thing; he sounds like a fun guy to be around…

bond_fan

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of your grandfather!

What a nice gift!

Last edited:

Samsbone

Reaction score
I sold my 1960 Les Paul when I was in High school. $175 and some record albums. Wish I could get it back. I have never seen it in any of the Les Paul Burst books. It had a plain top. I wish you luck, my friend, sometimes it's worth keeping for the memories.

warmachine

Reaction score
Don’t be brasen and try to monkey around with anything on that guitar yet. Don’t try to wipe it down. Don’t unscrew stuff to take a peek. Anything done should be fully documented and done professionally and recorded in hi-def. Don’t be posting pictures or too many details on social media especially when it involves it’s location.

hdsteele

Reaction score
I don't know...this story has a little bit of a stink to it. Poor ol' deceased granddad, rare vintage guitar wrapped in blanket, hidden away.. Naive, wide eyed and uneducated (guitar-wise) non-player grandchild who hasn't a clue shows up as a flash in the pan and then gone. Out of the goodness of his heart he joins and posts just to share the story. Hints of someone who knows exactly what he is doing and not some grandchild who just doesn't have a single clue. Maybe we get the whole truth and nothing but the truth one day...

Latest Threads