An abandoned husky with 'weird' eyes has been adopted after her photos went viral

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Don't get me started with breeders. They did the right thing here. Eventually.

www.cnn.com

By Alaa Elassar, CNN

Updated 3:18 PM ET, Sun January 19, 2020

Jubilee, the Siberian husky, has been adopted.

Jubilee, the Siberian husky, has been adopted.

(CNN)A Siberian husky that was surrendered to a New Jersey shelter because of "weird" eyes has been adopted after photos posted on Facebook went viral.

Jubilee, a 4-year-old female pup, has an eyelid deformity that makes it appear as if she's always surprised.

A breeder gave her to Husky House in 2018, telling the nonprofit shelter in Matawan that Jubilee couldn't be sold because she was too "weird" looking.

Despite the congenital issue with her eyelids, Jubilee doesn't suffer from any other health issues.

"She has been thoroughly checked out by our vets," a Husky House representative told CNN. "It does not affect her in any way or slow her down one bit. She is happy and healthy."

A breeder surrendered Jubilee due to a congenital issue with her eyelids.

A breeder surrendered Jubilee due to a congenital issue with her eyelids.

But for the past two years, Jubilee has struggled to find a loving family to care for her.

Husky House took to Facebook on Tuesday with a heartbreaking doggy plea for her adoption.

"I came from a 'breeder' who couldn't sell me because he said I was 'weird' looking," the shelter wrote. "Huskies are majestic looking dogs and I don't know why I don't look like them."

"I wish I was beautiful so someone would want me to be their dog."

Caretakers at Husky House were worried the plea wouldn't work, but to their surprise it went viral.

More than 150 people applied to adopt Jubilee, the Husky House representative told CNN.

"Since the original Facebook post went viral, we received an overwhelming amount of love, support, and inquiries, including adoption requests," the representative said. "We are so happy to see that everyone feels she is as wonderful as we always knew she was."

Husky House announced on Saturday that Jubilee has found her "forever home" with a family that had previously adopted a dog from them.

NRBQ

Reaction score
She's a cutie pie, love the unloved and your world will be better for it. I could see that face everyday and be quite happy to share my love and home. Can you tell I really want another dog? I lost my two goldens (mother and daughter) a few years ago and I miss them more than words can say. Hopefully by spring or summer I'll get a new pal to pal around with

freak

Reaction score
I wonder if the eye lids work, and she may need drops in her eyes for life? Great story, btw.

judson

Reaction score
they are not fooling me ..that dog is a crackhead...look at them dilated pupils....dat dog beez crazy

if they could get a nickle per meme on the net...that would be one rich bitch

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
back in the 80s , I knew quite a few people that had " deformed " pets . a 3 legged dog . a cat with one eye . animals that would otherwise not have a home

maybe it's that some people identify with the idea that these pets are a little bit different __ and might be destroyed if they didn't find a home

Rando375

Premium Member
Reaction score
back in the 80s , I knew quite a few people that had " deformed " pets . a 3 legged dog . a cat with one eye . animals that would otherwise not have a home

maybe it's that some people identify with the idea that these pets are a little bit different __ and might be destroyed if they didn't find a home
90% of the animals my family have had were strays or rescues and we've had dozens over the years. We have had a far amount of oddities like you mentioned.
In fact the dog that I grew up with, a 3 legged German Sheppard, was named "Lucky" :dunno:

Last edited: