Amps 101...A How To For Everything Amplified

circles

Reaction score
I was hoping to find a thread like this. But I still havn't found what I'm looking for. I've owned a few combos before, starting with a Fender Champ back in high school.

I do miss my old Marshall avt150. It sounded cool to me, and had mulitiple channels and effects which was great as our band played a pretty good cross section of material. I'd like to get something sweeter though...

Currently running through an avt40. Not my dream amp, but gets me by. I have much to learn, and am trying out as many as I can.

Anyway, I will keep looking and my opinions open. The good thing about being broke is I won't make any rash purchases! :)

michael2003x

Reaction score
Thanks for the sticky.......for me this was a "must read" I keep going back this for reference all the time.:applause:

bsm9981

Reaction score
Just wanna thank you rocknhorse1 for starting this, it has been a great help and resource.

L96A1

Reaction score
hope I can get these figured out in a year, thanks for the info.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
I did not know that Marshall made a 5 watt amp in 1972-3. This sticky is the bomb! It also shows other low watters not made any more like the Champ, Skylark, etc. I need to further explore.

jc2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I'm not much of an amp guy so this was really helpful.:thumb:

bruce egnater

Reaction score
Not sure if this is OK to post here. Please move or delete if not. I've seen and read tons of this type of information on various web sites. It is all useful but somewhat abstract. If you don't already have a fairly in depth knowledge of amp circuits or have not built an amp or two, I think you still may have difficulty applying it. This is where our amp building classes come in. Not only do you build a real, hand wired, hotrodded style Marshall head, but you learn a ton of cool stuff in a clear and understandable format. Next class is in Chicago at The Music Garage on Sept 13/14, 2014. You learn in two days what can take you years fumbling around looking for on the internet Email me at begnater@aol.com for more info.

stgreg

Reaction score
Would like thoughts and info on an old Marshall ValveState 8080. Found one cheap.. about to send in for refurbishment.