Amp recommendations

Leobardo Navarro

Reaction score
hi I’m looking for a modeling amplifier for my les Paul, I want something that is very versatile and doesn’t need any pedal other than the foot switch, my budget is around $300 dollars. What are your recommendations?

Reaction score
i used a fender mustang iv 2x12 150w modeller for a bit before I converted it to a cab, the 65’ Twin Reverb & The Supersonic presets were fantastic, I mean the gain on the supersonic preset was unbelievable, all user tweakable from the amp, aux in, headphones, usb, never updated the software personally but some user presets out there are good too, gain, volume & a master volume as well as footswitchable between two-four presets, this thing was loud, I would upgrade the speakers for even better sound. I think the Katana series is great too! not sure if the 2x12 100w is in that price range that’s a good bet & the Roland Cube amps get a lot of praise too

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
TUBES! Nothing over 5W :)
1W is too loud for an apartment. A lot of tube amps 5W and under can work with headphones and/or have a line out.
But not one of my (8, soon to be 9) low power tube amps will do modelling (a few can do speaker emulation.) I'm OK with that :D

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Premium Member
Reaction score
TUBES! Nothing over 5W :)
1W is too loud for an apartment. A lot of tube amps 5W and under can work with headphones and/or have a line out.
But not one of my (8, soon to be 9) low power tube amps will do modelling (a few can do speaker emulation.) I'm OK with that :D
9th??? :hmm: what you got in the works?

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
9th??? :hmm: what you got in the works?
In March I ordered a Joyo JTA-05
JOYO JTA-05
They ran out stock right after I ordered mine (and paid for it.) I won't get it until May. It's not on the manufacturer's site anymore. Special order only.
A cheap Champ clone with a tube rectifier for $250 CAD, I just had to have one :rolleyes:

Latest Threads