guitarguru

Reaction score
im looken for an amp about 50-100watts $200-$350not vintage

any suggestions:thumb:

im_b0r3d_

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not vintage? I assume that means you want a SS? I havn't tried many, although I do know Line 6 Spider 3's are very versatile and not that bad. Midnight Dreamer has been doing a lot of amp research, maybe he can help more. You should tell us your style so you can find an amp that suits you. Good Luck! :thumb:

Dave C

Reaction score
I've bought a Peavey Classic 30 and Classic 50 in your price range used......pretty good bang for the buck. As far as SS goes , I've been impressed with the Roland Cube series....especially the 30 and 60w versions.

Gibsonblues

Reaction score
im looken for an amp about 50-100watts $200-$350not vintage

any suggestions:thumb:
You can get a new Vox AD50VT between $350 and $400. Not a bad little SS modeling amp. Rolands sound ok too. As mentioned, the Peavey Classic 30 is a pretty good entry level valve amp. It has had some decent reviews from forum members. Good luck... Gibsonblues... :)

hedzeppelin

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Peavey Valve King 112. Cost you about 429 U.S. Save up the extra money, it's an ALL tube amp.

Two channels, 50 watts. Each channel has separate E.Q. Texture control.
Not a metal amp, but a classic rock/blues amp. CHeck it out on MF.

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Peavey Valve King 112. Cost you about 429 U.S. Save up the extra money, it's an ALL tube amp.

Two channels, 50 watts. Each channel has separate E.Q. Texture control.
Not a metal amp, but a classic rock/blues amp. CHeck it out on MF.
most definitely! take a look at the 'Bay,brother classic 30s and Valve kings galore!!!

im_b0r3d_

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've bought a Peavey Classic 30 and Classic 50 in your price range used......pretty good bang for the buck. As far as SS goes , I've been impressed with the Roland Cube series....especially the 30 and 60w versions.
I honestly HATE the roland cubes I have heard. Our Rhythm guitarist has the cube 60, and I think it sounds terrible. Not to mention, none of its effects fit classic rock. It's all metal or nothing. He decided to upgrade to a faded studio instead of upgrading amps. That amp kills the guitar. Lol, that sounded like I was flaming, I just really don't like that model. The battery powered cube sounded pretty good though. :hippie::hippie::hippie:

Markster

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just built a modified Champ circuit amp. I like an amp that has plenty of headroom before it starts to break up. When I want distortion I use a pedal at the front end anyways.

6pack595

Reaction score
I think Fender Deluxe amps are around that price range. Are you opposed to used gear? Might get more amp for the money that way. Good luck!!!

guitarguru

Reaction score
if its used i have to see it close up and try it
i usually play rock

Latest Threads