amp-cab combos

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hey ya'll :D

just thought i'd open up a thread about good amp and cabinet combinations.. good amps and cabs that go together :D

like e.g. an H&K head + a Peavey cab.. or something like that.. would juts like to know any awesome combinations you guys have discovered from experience :fingersx:

:wave:

:hippie:

tiedstick

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't have too much experience with this, but you should go off of what your favorite artists use, then use that as a starting point of experimentation. :)

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mesa Cabs rock with Marshall heads. Randall cabs are pretty nice, Marshalls best cabs are the 1982 cabs, a little bigger than the 1960 cabs.

As long as the box is well constructed, the speakers make all the difference in sound.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Marshall cabs "USED TO" be made with shop grade
plywood, I think the main body still is, but
now the backs are pressboard, thats just WRONG
Pressboard does change the sound.

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Marshall cabs "USED TO" be made with shop grade
plywood, I think the main body still is, but
now the backs are pressboard, thats just WRONG
Pressboard does change the sound.
maybe they had a bunch of reports of cabs catchin' fire :rofl:

:p

"Let me stand next to your fire.."
~Jimi Hendrix~

:hippie:

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yea for Marshall cabs its always better to get something older, if you can. Krank cabs are nice, with the solid wood construction, but pricey and HEAVY.

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some Mesa Heads sound great in Marshall cabs, One thing I found that didnt work well, was Fender Pro Reverb into Marshall Celestion G 12-75 cranked past six, The speakers started reallly mudding and flubbing out bad ! I kept trying to change the EQ and it wouldnt work , Sounds good up to bout five and a half, and LOUD Loud

Mikeeeeh

Reaction score
I personally use an ENGL Powerball or Marshall DSL head through a Marshall 1960 TV cab and either combo owns depending on my mood :slash: ... in general though ya just can't beat those greenbacks...

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had an ENGL fireball for a while, sounded killer through my Marshall 1982B cab. Not as great through my 1960A cab, but still very passable.

My Soldano sounds great through Marshall cabs as well... for some reason it just cooks with one of those 4x10 Marshall cabs... AVT series I think... cheap ass cabinets, but damn! Works with the Soldano for sure.

lexluthier

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've used older Marshall cabs for eons. Lots of good cabs on the market, but don't forget about the speakers!

Latest Threads