Ami I high or is EBay

BSeneca

Reaction score
I am seeing prices of 45k 22k for R9's that granted may be limited editions or unplayed but still seem ridiculous to me. I payed no where near those prices for my 1952 Goldtop. My thought is for 45k you could buy a 53-55 probably unbroken and fairly clean for probably LESS! Why would one pay for a "reproduction" of a model for more than an original? I have and have had many reissues as some of you guys who know me know this. They are wonderful instruments that I gig and record with. But 45k!!!!??? I havent started drinking.....yet. And I havent smoked pot in 30 years. Is it just me?

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of stupid people out there and just as many
who will take advantage of that stupidity. My 2 centavos.

I am sure there will be more articulate posters, as this thread
expands, so the explanations will be more fulfilling than mine...

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Page/Pearly/Slash? Yeah I seen those at those prices.
I suppose they are the ultimate 'collector' pieces. That trio would prolly get you near a player grade '58 or '60 maybe?

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I am seeing prices of 45k 22k for R9's that granted may be limited editions or unplayed but still seem ridiculous to me. I payed no where near those prices for my 1952 Goldtop. My thought is for 45k you could buy a 53-55 probably unbroken and fairly clean for probably LESS! Why would one pay for a "reproduction" of a model for more than an original? I have and have had many reissues as some of you guys who know me know this. They are wonderful instruments that I gig and record with. But 45k!!!!??? I havent started drinking.....yet. And I havent smoked pot in 30 years. Is it just me?
1634182481901.png

ARandall

Reaction score
I'm sure there are a lot of things on ebay that you wouldn't understand how they are priced. I mean you can spend thousands of dollars on rare bubblegum cards or stamps - in both cases things that have no useful purpose in your life other than mere possession. At least guitars have a function which can transcend cost.

Questions: why do you feel that everything that happens in other people's lives have to make sense, and what is the point in wasting energy on things that are really none of your concern??

questionman

Reaction score
I recently sold a few guitars and got a profit share check so I was in the market for something cool and higher end - usually out of the equation for me. Prices are insane! I could barely find a Memphis ES-XXX in my price range, let alone anything new. Saw a 58RI plain top for 4500 sell within 4 hours, nothing fancy or special. Scored a Yamano USA model pretty cheap tonight but this market is wild

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Although you are correct about it being ridiculous, you’re probably high as well.

BSeneca

Reaction score
I'm sure there are a lot of things on ebay that you wouldn't understand how they are priced. I mean you can spend thousands of dollars on rare bubblegum cards or stamps - in both cases things that have no useful purpose in your life other than mere possession. At least guitars have a function which can transcend cost.

Questions: why do you feel that everything that happens in other people's lives have to make sense, and what is the point in wasting energy on things that are really none of your concern??
I am not wasting energy. I am just curious why you wouldn’t buy the real McCoy instead of a reissue. It’s their money. Just seems GROSSLY overpriced to me.

BSeneca

Reaction score
Co
I recently sold a few guitars and got a profit share check so I was in the market for something cool and higher end - usually out of the equation for me. Prices are insane! I could barely find a Memphis ES-XXX in my price range, let alone anything new. Saw a 58RI plain top for 4500 sell within 4 hours, nothing fancy or special. Scored a Yamano USA model pretty cheap tonight but this market is wild
CONGRATS! I know everything costs more right now so I hope you love you’re new guitar

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Prices go high, and everybody thinks the market is crazy. Then ... prices go even higher. Then ... repeat.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Some guy on E-Bay was selling broken walkman parts for $ 750 dollars-so yes E-bay is high.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
Price it high ....they will buy.....

I know but still...find me the people willing to pay $$$$$$$ like everyone's bitching about high prices and I've got a lot of shit they'd want...no I get the fucing tyre kicker lowball assfuck motherfuckers.....

show me the people who are making $$$$$$$$$$ on used shit.....show me.....it's a fucking shit show used market now....always has been....

Latest Threads