Americans - i love 'em.

gui524

Reaction score
I like the cool americans ( like you guys ), but I don't like the americans who think people from south america are inferior to them

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Did you meet anyone from there? Youre not too far off...lol:laugh2:

:lol: Yeah funnily enough as we are standing there next to the car in this deserted spot, when all of a sudden this Indian rides up on his horse to that point in the pic and just sits there.. Man I was taking pics like no tomorrow. He then rides over to us and asks if our daughter would like a ride on his horse.. Brilliant, as she rides here in England. Took more pics...
I then said " I'm sure I have seen you on a Brit TV commercial".
He replies."More than likely, this is my job, see that cabin over there? Well when there aren't any tourists I'm in there watching TV and having a coffee, then as soon as a bus load of Japanese tourists arrive I ride up the trail and sit here for a few minutes. Then when they have gone I go back to the cabin"..

Classic....:laugh2:..:applause:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I loved the statement "they will tell you their life story in the first 5 minutes"
It's really interesting the way folks in the states will drop it all on you right off the bat. And not only about themselves, but usuallly, mid way through that story, it gets twisted to another family member, or friend, which takes the story in another direction. If you dont watch yourself, you could be standing around for hours listening to this person babble. Whether you want to hear it or not.

I think maybe were just fascinated with the sound of our own voices? :hmm:

Thanks for your patience :thumb:

Notice that in many threads on here about 'I've just got divorced'.. . ' My wife is leaving'.. 'I am depressed etc etc, it's all Americans.. You won't see any Brits posting threads like these. Oh yeah they may give support or advice, but they never show their feelings in public.. They are far too repressed..:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
This proves 3 things to me, phil:
1. You are a Cockney;
2. You've never been to Liverpool;
3. You are a wanker (well, you've admitted it yourself...)

Final confirmation of the 3 above things is shown by the fact that you have previously stated you prefer a Banjocaster over a Les Paul! Feckin' heretic!!! Plink, plink, quack, quack! Pass me my 6 feet of pedalboard.

:lol:

Answer to the questions...

1...Yes I suppose I am a Cockney ( Norf London mate ) Except to be a true Cockney you have to be born within the sound of Bow Bells, which I wasn't.

2...Yes. I have been to Liverpool, but it was closed when I arrived so I left the next morning..:laugh2:

3.... Yes.. Self professed wanker. Well I'd have to be to banter around with the likes of one of you Northern pie munchers.:laugh2:

Yes, a Strat is far more versatile than a Les Paul...:) And just to piss you off again, here's my fiesta red beauty..And look:shock:, theres' another Banjocaster next to that one too..

1.jpg

Anyway Vasesctomy.. What the fuck are you doing up so late? Hasn't the Horlicks taken effect yet. Still I suppose one good thing about Alzheimers is that you get to meet someone new every day John...
spinner.gif
... Silly old bugger.

P.S.. I hear Arsenal are going to give the pie munchers a thrashing in the near furure...:laugh2:

Phil.:dude:

P.P.S... After being side tracked back on topic.. Yeah we love Americans..

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Look people, I told you he was a Banjocaster lover!!! Those things next to the Lester are feckin' ugly. Period. Gold plated parts on a piece of firewood? Do me a favour!!! Never mind, you've got enough firewood to see you through the cold spell.

phil,
Being retired, I can set my own hours...
North London, and you have the cheek to take the piss out of me, a Scouser? And what's all this shit about Bow Bells? You a Pearly King, or what?
And in reply to number 2: you stupid get - that was Manchester. Feckin' wake up when you head North.
And you're the Southern softie wanker with Alzheimers - Everton played Arsenal a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, I forgot Southerners know shit all about football.

As for Americans, a couple of examples:
1. Took 'er indoors to New York for her 50th birthday for a few days. Got into a famous yellow cab and asked the driver to take me to the Dakota Building. He didn't know of it. So I says, the place where John Lennon was shot and killed... No, he still didn't know it. "What the fuck!" says I. "Ssshhh!" says Anne. "I'm outta here" I said, and we both got out of the taxi. Couldn't believe it! The next taxi guy knew it in an instant, and was great.
2. On one occasion me and my son were talking to a New Yorker (here in Norwich) who had a wonderful broad accent. Son was saying how he would really like to get to New York one day. So this guy pounces immediately and says "You wanna go to New York? Save yer fuckin' money!" Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! I could have made that guy an honorary Scouser on the spot. Son was speechless.

Finally, stop posting pictures of Banjocasters, or I'll personally come down there, shave off all your grey hair, and throw you in the Channel. So there.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Look people, I told you he was a Banjocaster lover!!! Those things next to the Lester are feckin' ugly. Period. Gold plated parts on a piece of firewood? Do me a favour!!! Never mind, you've got enough firewood to see you through the cold spell.

phil,
Being retarded, I can set my own hours...
North London, and you have the cheek to take the piss out of me, a Scouser? And what's all this shit about Bow Bells? You a Pearly King, or what?
And in reply to number 2: you stupid get - that was Manchester. Feckin' wake up when you head North.
And you're the Southern softie wanker with Alzheimers - Everton played Arsenal a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, I forgot Southerners know shit all about football.

As for Americans, a couple of examples:
1. Took 'er indoors to New York for her 50th birthday for a few days. Got into a famous yellow cab and asked the driver to take me to the Dakota Building. He didn't know of it. So I says, the place where John Lennon was shot and killed... No, he still didn't know it. "What the fuck!" says I. "Ssshhh!" says Anne. "I'm outta here" I said, and we both got out of the taxi. Couldn't believe it! The next taxi guy knew it in an instant, and was great.
2. On one occasion me and my son were talking to a New Yorker (here in Norwich) who had a wonderful broad accent. Son was saying how he would really like to get to New York one day. So this guy pounces immediately and says "You wanna go to New York? Save yer fuckin' money!" Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! I could have made that guy an honorary Scouser on the spot. Son was speechless.

Finally, stop posting pictures of Banjocasters, or I'll personally come down there, shave off all your grey hair, and throw you in the Channel. So there.

Oh I bet the Yanks loved you John...:laugh2:
The first question one must ask is, did they understand what you were saying? :hmm:
For you Americans, here's a scousers accent and as you can see they can't even agree over breakfast let alone take a cab ride round New York. :laugh2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak3zVvKmtoE]YouTube - Harry Enfield - Scousers arguing over tea[/ame]

BanjoCasters are brilliant..How comes you have a 70's one then?..See. nobody knows John secretly owns a Strat. He says it's for his Grandson.. Yeah..Bloody Scousers. ???

Well Arsenal are playing the pie munchers soon, so we'll see what the outcome of that is.. Luckily I don't watch football, but I'll take a keen interest in that match..:naughty:

New York is great for about three days, just to see the sites, but that was enough for me.. To loud and noisy. I lived in London for 35 years and have had enough of noise and traffic.
You should have gone out to the wide open spaces of the wild west.. Now that's really worth seeing. Spectacular scenery and of course like areas in the UK, people are different.. Very friendly out that way.

I'll have to find another Banjocaster pic to post for you. Then you can shave my hair and throw me in the channel..
I'll be OK on both counts though.. Firstly I'll just pinch your wig. Temporarily of course, as I wouldn't want to be seen with a syrup like that on my bonce in public. And secondly you probably don't know where the English channel is anyway.. ( Coming from Liverpool )......:laugh2::laugh2:

Phil..:dude::dude:

Jody

Reaction score
Myself on the other hand do live in the afore mentioned area of the US...

mmm possum lard ....

Hell I'm close to the Ozarks (3 hours north):shock:so bring on the backstrap,and cheese grits:Dtune up the washboard,and whiskey jug..:dude::applause:BTW nice story Cookie:) I wish americans was looked at ,as seen in your eyes...:applause:well put brotha man from another land:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Robespierre

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The first question one must ask is, did they understand what you were saying? :hmm:
For you Americans, here's a scousers accent and as you can see they can't even agree over breakfast let alone take a cab ride round New York. :laugh2:

Are we having a laugh!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Are we having a laugh!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Good..:applause:
We Brits are like a load of old women when we argue with eachother.
There's no malice in it all though, we just thrive on insulting eachother. We simply wouldn't be British otherwise. Just imagine us as a nation of Basil Faulty's.:laugh2:...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

hank49

Reaction score
Hank.... you're from Belize? Not sure where Mullins River is, but I spent a week underwater at Lighthouse Reef. :thumb:

Actually I was born and raised in Harrison, Ohio. Mullins River is a tiny village about 10 miles north of Dangriga.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The first question one must ask is, did they understand what you were saying? :hmm: Of course they did, cos I talk proper, like, doan eye!
For you Americans, here's a scousers accent and as you can see they can't even agree over breakfast let alone take a cab ride round New York. :laugh2: Still trotting out that Southern wanker Enfield, eh...

BanjoCasters are brilliant..How comes you have a 70's one then?..See. nobody knows John secretly owns a Strat. He says it's for his Grandson.. Yeah..Bloody Scousers. ??? Yep, I bought my grandson a '79 USA Banjocaster (shit cheap, of course). Here it is:

Well Arsenal are playing the pie munchers soon, so we'll see what the outcome of that is.. Luckily I don't watch football, but I'll take a keen interest in that match..:naughty: You mean they're due to play the Red Shite soon?

I'll have to find another Banjocaster pic to post for you. Don't feckin' bother!!! Then you can shave my hair and throw me in the channel..
I'll be OK on both counts though.. Firstly I'll just pinch your wig. Temporarily of course, as I wouldn't want to be seen with a syrup like that on my bonce in public. And secondly you probably don't know where the English channel is anyway.. ( Coming from Liverpool )......:laugh2::laugh2: I've flown across the Channel many times on my way to Deutschland for you-know-what. Don't mention the war, I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.

Phil..:dude::dude:

Adolf of Norwich

PS. For our colonial cousins, the word 'syrup' in phil's last paragraph translates thus: syrup = syrup of fig, which is Cockney rhyming slang for wig. Gerrit?

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Adolf of Norwich

PS. For our colonial cousins, the word 'syrup' in phil's last paragraph translates thus: syrup = syrup of fig, which is Cockney rhyming slang for wig. Gerrit?

Hey Adolph of Norwich, I'll take that heap of shite of yer hands if ya don't want it...:laugh2:
What's with all these trips to Deutchland then Vasco.. Your not researching for your books on WW2 German aircraft again are yer? ( For all those who don't know, Vasectomy writes books on German aircraft of WW2.:dude:
Why German aircraft..Whats wrong with our Spits and Hurricanes then?

Watch the Spit go into a 'wing over' ( Old Immelman turn ) . Gain height and energy. Kick over hard rudder and come back for more.
Ironically that Heinkel crashes right next to where my old school was in the 60's.. Lucky I wasn't there 20 years earlier..:laugh2:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEhBnl16zAQ]YouTube - Battle of Britain - Scoring a Kill[/ame]

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
phil,
I'm hoping grandson, when he is old enough, will sell the Banjocaster to get some additional funds to buy a real guitar (to you, my friend, that means GIBSON).
Those trips to Deutschland were finished many years ago. I've finished the researching and writing now, with the last book that came out last May. Why the German side? Everything had been done from our side, as all our archives were intact. To give a view from the other side, you had to get with the individuals who flew the missions to get anywhere near to the complete picture. The only thing I've got left to write now is the story of the nefarious goings-on of my early-'70s rock band. When it's completed it will be printed off and sealed until they are of an age when they can read the whole thing (minimum 16, I think).
Nice clip from the Battle of Britain of Holmes of 504 Squadron shooting down that Heinkel on 15th Septpember 1940. What was not shown, and also not recounted on the fairly recent documentary about that shooting down, was that the German pilot who baled out wounded was beaten up so badly by civilians that he died of his injuries.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
phil,
I'm hoping grandson, when he is old enough, will sell the Banjocaster to get some additional funds to buy a real guitar (to you, my friend, that means GIBSON).
Those trips to Deutschland were finished many years ago. I've finished the researching and writing now, with the last book that came out last May. Why the German side? Everything had been done from our side, as all our archives were intact. To give a view from the other side, you had to get with the individuals who flew the missions to get anywhere near to the complete picture. The only thing I've got left to write now is the story of the nefarious goings-on of my early-'70s rock band. When it's completed it will be printed off and sealed until they are of an age when they can read the whole thing (minimum 16, I think).
Nice clip from the Battle of Britain of Holmes of 504 Squadron shooting down that Heinkel on 15th Septpember 1940. What was not shown, and also not recounted on the fairly recent documentary about that shooting down, was that the German pilot who baled out wounded was beaten up so badly by civilians that he died of his injuries.

I'd be interested in seeing some of your stuff John.. Sounds great.:dude:

Yeah that's right I remember now, they beat that guy who bailed out of the Heinkel to a pulp..

So what's your favourite plane then..I'd hazzard a guess it's a FW190?

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Shit no, phil, the Messerschmitt 110. Go to Amazon.co.uk and type my name in and you can pick any of them up there.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Shit no, phil, the Messerschmitt 110. Go to Amazon.co.uk and type my name in and you can pick any of them up there.

Didn't the 110 get hammered by English fighters?

I'll have a butchers at Amazon.:dude:

hank49

Reaction score

How's that joke where the punch line is , "hell no, all those Fokkers were Messerschmidts"......

Phil47uk

Reaction score
F-4 Corsair.....highest kill ratio EVER!!!!

Yeah but they weren't taking on FW190's

That was the pacific arena and Yank fighters were knocking the Japanese fighters out of the sky at a rate of knots. Planes like the Zero had no armour plate for either the pilot or the fuel tanks, so a couple of hits and they virtually blew themselves to pieces.
They could out turn the Yanks in a dog fight though, so American pilots used zoom and boom tactics to take advantage of the power advantage they had.
I think one of the greatest Yank planes of WW2 was the P51 Mustang.. Of course after they ditched the supercharged Allison V-1710 and fitted it with a Rolls Royce Merlin 61 engine.:laugh2:

Latest Threads