Amazon Basics Guitar Pedals

jkes01

Reaction score
Saw this today and was thinking about the looper.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Probably just a rebranded Mooer or similar, might not be bad if you want to save some money. Some people seem to like Mooer pedals.

LP1865

Reaction score
I might buy one of these. Prime is cheap here in India ($15 a year), and getting a pedal within a day for $30 is completely worth it. I just hope they introduce it here.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some folks would probably puke if they found out just how many and what circuit boards are actually designed and built over in Behringer City....Just ain’t named Behringer.... Boards in stuff they loved...until they found out it was Behringer....

I find it funny... That Nux sounded about like a Screamer. No better no worse. There is no magic or a secret circuit that can’t be suss’d out... Some pedals do shine but ain’t magic by a long shot. I love a good OCD..don’t have one... I’ve a Soul Food, DigiTech RP500, and other random stuff that sounds as good, don’t need one...

My favorite stomp back in my full-time days (or nights rather) was my Nady 12ax7 TD-1...wait, it was a Joyo TD-1....No, wait....it was a Westbury TD-1..... Who gives a shit...

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Ge diode breaks at less voltage than Si... Si is somewhere around .6, depending on temp and which book you read.... Ge can break around .3 depending on same stuff....

They both will begin leaking before they break too... So the Ge is gonna starts leaking a good bit lower than Si.....

Been some nice FET transistor stuff out there too.... FET works on law of charges similar to a vacuum tube....

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
So for all 7 the pedals it's roughly $235

If you want an individual pedal, it's cheap enough to not care if you keep it.
But if you have nothing, and want to fill out and test a board to see what you actually need. I'd pass.

I have a Zoom G3. It cost me less than $200
I would recommend the ZOOM to anyone who wants to explore the sonic possibilities that pedals provide. It has like 50 or 60 effects. It even has half a dozen amp sims.

It is not Helix quality. It is however a very worthy, under $200, box of 60 effects.

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Ge diode breaks at less voltage than Si... Si is somewhere around .6, depending on temp and which book you read.... Ge can break around .3 depending on same stuff....

They both will begin leaking before they break too... So the Ge is gonna starts leaking a good bit lower than Si.....

Been some nice FET transistor stuff out there too.... FET works on law of charges similar to a vacuum tube....
My Fulltone Fulldrive 2 has a MOSFET setting but I don't really know what it does :laugh2:

Reactions: ehb

Roxy13

Reaction score
I might try the delay pedal. I don't have one and $27 is pretty darn cheap.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Fulltone Fulldrive 2 has a MOSFET setting but I don't really know what it does :laugh2:
Doesn't matter in my book if folks know just 'how' it does what it does.....Does it sound good or not is the question..... I'm a bit of a nerd on some things though. I 'like' to know what makes some things tick but I realize others don't much care... Just is....

I am a bit more inquisitive by nature so on some things I will dig and dig until the picture forms on what is actually happening.... Most folks are cool with the outside of the box operation, what ever the box may be...

I find some tone wood, paint, deadhorse vs TiteBond glue, board material, etc., arguments entertaining... If I've learned anything over my years, there are few absolutes outside of taxes, nobody gets out alive, Moon Pies, and bacon....

A bud in a known band knows absolutely zero about any of his gear. Nada. Zip. Love the guy, but he doesn't know and does not want to know. He knows he plugs into a pedal and from the pedal into his old Marshall. That's about it. His pedal he'd had for years died (tube was going) so he bought another pedal. Easy fix, pull glass looking thing, put another glass looking thing in with the same numbers but he just went and bought another pedal.... I asked what he bought and he said I think it's kinda white and has three letters on it. (OCD).... Sounds great but I am pretty confident he walked in and said I need a pedal. Luckily, they sold him that one... I couldn't help but laugh thinking about him trying to tell them what he needed... I woulda paid good money to been witness to that conversation.....

:cool2:

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter in my book if folks know just 'how' it does what it does.....Does it sound good or not is the question..... I'm a bit of a nerd on some things though. I 'like' to know what makes some things tick but I realize others don't much care... Just is....

I am a bit more inquisitive by nature so on some things I will dig and dig until the picture forms on what is actually happening.... Most folks are cool with the outside of the box operation, what ever the box may be...

I find some tone wood, paint, deadhorse vs TiteBond glue, board material, etc., arguments entertaining... If I've learned anything over my years, there are few absolutes outside of taxes, nobody gets out alive, Moon Pies, and bacon....

A bud in a known band knows absolutely zero about any of his gear. Nada. Zip. Love the guy, but he doesn't know and does not want to know. He knows he plugs into a pedal and from the pedal into his old Marshall. That's about it. His pedal he'd had for years died (tube was going) so he bought another pedal. Easy fix, pull glass looking thing, put another glass looking thing in with the same numbers but he just went and bought another pedal.... I asked what he bought and he said I think it's kinda white and has three letters on it. (OCD).... Sounds great but I am pretty confident he walked in and said I need a pedal. Luckily, they sold him that one... I couldn't help but laugh thinking about him trying to tell them what he needed... I woulda paid good money to been witness to that conversation.....

:cool2:
A local friend of mine is a guitar player and knows nada 'bout squat when it comes to hardware. All tweaking of his guitar and amp for setups and repair is done by others. Truss rods still give me pause, but how a pedal works is limited to, "Hey, that's good!"

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've cracked up several times in conversations with some killer players and ask why they play such & such.... I've gotten answers like 'I liked the color of it' or 'some guy sold it to me cheap', etc.... They no more care or know about specifics than I know about warp engines.... They just play their asses off....

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
Probably just a rebranded Mooer or similar, might not be bad if you want to save some money. Some people seem to like Mooer pedals.
Are Mooers a Chinese company?

Latest Threads