Amazing restoration of '74 LPC owned by Judas Priest's Richie Faulkner

darkvoice

Reaction score
I recently went to a Judas Priest concert and saw Richie Faulkner playing a white LPC. That guitar peeked my interest and I wanted to find out more about it. While searching for info on his gear I came across an article published by a repair shop which re-built his LPC, which suffered some serious damage. This is quite amazing to read about and see photos of the steps of the restore. I think the shop did a fantastic job! I hope you enjoy reading about this as much as I did.

richie-faulkner-of-judas-priest.jpg

It looks like he's playing not the vintage LPC which was re-built, but a more recent one.
JP_2022_RichieFaulkner_sm.jpg

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a video of this guitar being repaired and the story of its history somewhere in the past on this forum,.... but i can't seem to find it. I'm sure someone here can locate it.

I guess you really have to love a guitar to have it repaired so many times.

darkvoice

Reaction score
Richie playing white LPC in a concert couple days ago, unfortunately not the repaired one from 1974, but the more recent one:

felineguitars

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. It was quite the labour of love when we did that. I think that the guitar is kept for studio work lately as it is very precious to RF, And he has a few touring guitars to choose from these days. We have mainly seen a few of his Custom Flying Vs lately.

Deftone

Reaction score
There was a video of this guitar being repaired and the story of its history somewhere in the past on this forum,.... but i can't seem to find it. I'm sure someone here can locate it.

I guess you really have to love a guitar to have it repaired so many times.
Yea, I've seen it before somewhere. I'd consider a maple neck if that LPC were mine.

craigeymac

Reaction score
Cool post.
Feline Guitars are amazing, They refretted my 87 Les Paul Custom, and its flawless!!

The white LPC he plays recently is a 1976 that was black originally, he had it re-finished when he joined the band.

Would also love to see the video about the repair of this if it can be found

Who

Well respected man about town
Reaction score
Very cool. With all that work and thoughtfulness, I’m disappointed they didnt retain the serial number as a block, and inlay it into the new neck.

darkvoice

Reaction score
Very cool. With all that work and thoughtfulness, I’m disappointed they didnt retain the serial number as a block, and inlay it into the new neck.
Exactly my thought.

Latest Threads