AMAZING Deal on USA Paul Reed Smith!

Brad737

Reaction score
Hello all,

Based upon rave reviews, I bought a Vintage Cherry Starla X a few weeks ago. I liked it so much, I just bought this guitar from MAPete, and something came up that simply could not wait. So I'm offering a KILLER deal for a USA-built Paul Reed Smith Starla X.

For those who aren't familiar, the Starla X is made of slightly different woods than the typical Starla, and it also uses different pickups. The Starla X uses an Obeche body. Go check out Crgtr's Youtube video about Obeche. It's a phenomenal tonewood. From what I understand, obeche is a type of basswood. It's VERY light weight and VERY toneful. The neck is sipo, which is a type of mahogany, and it comes with a very dark rosewood fretboard. The scale length is the 24.5 inch scale, and comes with the uber comfortable Wide-Fat neck. This guitar weighs an unbelievably light 6lbs, 3 oz. You can gig it all night without fatigue.

A lot of guys describe the Starlas as being PRS' "Gretsch" guitar. Through my amps, I don't get that at all. I get a lot of "pissed off Les Paul, Jr." vibe. The pickups are Mira X pickups, which are what I've read are basically uncovered SC245 pickups. There are a LOT of cool tones in this guitar.

This guitar is in very nice condition...almost mint, but it has been played a little. The Starla is finished in Antique White, and it includes the hardshell case, and all the goodies that came with it. It originally came with a white pickguard, but it was replaced with a black, factory pickguard installed for cosmetic purposes:

StarlaX1.jpg

StarlaX2.jpg

StarlaX3.jpg

StarlaX4.jpg

StarlaX5.jpg

If you'd prefer the factory look, don't worry! Both pickguards are included. You can use whichever you wish, and sell the other! Here's a file photo of a white Starla with white guard:

PRS-Starla-X-AW.jpg

The Minimum Advertised Price for this American-Made PRS Starla X is $1279, plus tax and shipping. Honestly, it's a bargain at that price. But I'm going to let this beauty go for $960! That's 25% off the MAP for basically a brand-new guitar, with a 2nd factory pickguard!!! If you make it $975, I'll cover Paypal and shipping to the continental US!!!

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Ho! Ho! Ho! :)

Thanks,
Brad

OBX351

Reaction score
Starla's are really nice guitars. I have a bigsby Starla and I absolutely LOVE it. The pickups really do sound like p90s. It's also a very easy guitar to play because of the 24.5" scale neck and the WF shape which to me feels like my '64 SG Std and my LP/SG Jr neck which are both very comfortable necks. Just my $0.02.....

Brad737

Reaction score
Thanks, OBX! Still available!

Starla's are really nice guitars. I have a bigsby Starla and I absolutely LOVE it. The pickups really do sound like p90s. It's also a very easy guitar to play because of the 24.5" scale neck and the WF shape which to me feels like my '64 SG Std and my LP/SG Jr neck which are both very comfortable necks. Just my $0.02.....

Brad737

Reaction score
Those amps aren't mine. They belong to my buddy Pete, from whom I bought the Starla. I just used his pics because he's a much better photographer than I am. Those PRS/ Sewell amps are really cool, but I'm a Plexi, Bluesbreaker, Trainwreck sorta guy.

Latest Threads