Alright I can't take it (f this s)

JimmyT

Reaction score
After months of hearing about them, I finally got one of these redirect-ads on my phone a couple of weeks ago (Chrome on Android). I've switched to Firefox Android and haven't seen one since. Firefox syncs plug-ins across devices, so I've got AdBlock on Firefox on my Win 10 main PC, Linux PCs, MacBook Pro and my phone. I've seen one ad on MLP since the site upgrade.

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
I was just thinking. MLP should make the normal ad portion of the site the actual forum area, and then create a new level of site supporter....like "Pro Level Ad Viewer..." or something. :D

Reactions: Who

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I started using the Ghostery browser on my phone only for MLP and finally i don't have phone hijacking anymore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghostery.android.ghostery&referrer=utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=ghostery+browser&pcampaignid=APPU_1_7-u2WqDsLe2O5wLX2LKwBg

It sucks having to use a specific browser for this one site but it does seem to fix the problem. It blocks 11-13 ads on every page and no more nasty hijackers taking over the phone browser.

Last time it hit so bad i had to delete my usual browser, run malware scans, and reinstall my browser. That's when i decided if MLP is going to do that to my phone then I'm using the Ghost browser whenever i come here.

I had a problem with my premium account that MLP ignored and did not talk to me about after repeated requests over a month, and after i started the refund process to recoup my membership money because they're selling a broken service, i still have not heard a single word back (or gotten my refund though i am no longer a premium member). So i no longer feel guilty about blocking everything because they're making it very clear they do not care about the members or membership experience.

I encourage anyone using an android phone to use the Ghostery browser while here to protect your phone from the malicious ads that are allowed to run here. And if you buy a Premium membership it breaks your PM layout and you can't read them. I wrote about this issue over a month ago in the Frontdesk and documented it with screencaps and was ignored. So new premium membership apparently breaks the page when it removes the ads. And my refund request has been just as ignored...

yl6PYaO.jpg

What awesome service, notice it was submitted on the 13th and today is the 24th.

Ignored.

This place sure has changed.

Last edited:

James R

Reaction score
I've used the site a few times from my phone in the last couple of weeks, no problems.

If the problem is gone, I sort of feel like saying thank you..... but that's a bit like thanking someone for not hitting you in the face anymore.
It’s been good for me on mobile for quite some time now.
I’m also very thankful for it, but the superstitious side of me didn’t want to call any attention to it just in case I jinxed it.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Would be awesome. Get him and Scott Grove back and it's a party

Scott Grove was probably my first ever annoying member I really couldn’t stand when he first came here years ago.
He sure had a temper :laugh2:

Crotch

Mega Pints
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think all his videos on YouTube are gone

PeteK

Reaction score
I noticed on my WiFi at home, no popups anymore with Chrome. If I'm on 4g, I still get popups but not as bad as it was. So there is an improvement

Dave_W

Reaction score
I think all his videos on YouTube are gone

No, his Groovy Music Lessons channel is still there and he's now moving to Facebook.

I don't believe any of his claims about having had a stroke and a heart attack. Hate to say that since I'm a heart attack survivor, but in his case I suspect it's just an excuse for his obnoxious behavior.

KevinM

Reaction score
I'm using Chrome right now, it seems to be OK. Firefox wasn't bad either. It seems the WORST when it comes to handling popups and spam sh!t, is MS Explorer.
Yes. I use Chrome on my phone and laptop and have not had problems. Yes, I get the banner ads at the top or bottom, but no pop-ups.
- Kevin

Crotch

Mega Pints
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, his Groovy Music Lessons channel is still there and he's now moving to Facebook.

I don't believe any of his claims about having had a stroke and a heart attack. Hate to say that since I'm a heart attack survivor, but in his case I suspect it's just an excuse for his obnoxious behavior.
Even the dumb motherfucker videos ? I was recently searching for the maple vs Rosewood one to post as a joke but it's gone. Personal fav of mine

Dave_W

Reaction score
Even the dumb motherfucker videos ? I was recently searching for the maple vs Rosewood one to post as a joke but it's gone. Personal fav of mine

I think those are gone. His lessons are still up though.

JCM900MkIII

Reaction score
I happens on the website which hosts former "Reddit" threads about firearms.
Even if you just use the "gunlobby hub" and not "the other hub" (or related websites) you will receive infected advertisements.

Pretty stupid for a website which is the biggest in something. Probably the worst in checking their advertisments.
Serving malware.

No one complains because of the emberassment over the type of website this occurs on...
:wave:

Latest Threads