Alpha/cts pots for aria pro ll

bigtuna

Reaction score
Ok this is prolly late 70's . very cool def. Retro brown tort binding on body and neck.aple FB. Any way will cts 500's go in this baby????

Roxy13

Reaction score
Metric ones will. Philadelphia Luthier sells them.

To put in US spec ones with 3/8" bushing you will need to enlarge the holes in the body with a tapered reamer.

Roxy13

Reaction score
And the Alpha pots are metric as well so they will go in without any modification.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I should add that if you use the US Spec CTS pots you will also need new knobs (fine spline) and new pointer washers if you want those. So that is an additonal expense unless you wanted to change the knobs anyway.

Metric CTS, Alpha and Bourns pots will allow you to reuse your knobs. Now Bourns are a little odd in that they use a 3/8" bushing, which means you have to enlarge the holes and replace pointer washers (again, if you want them on your guitar), but you can reuse your metric knobs on them.

jkes01

Reaction score
I personally would never replace electronics with Alpha pots. If you are going to solder anything, get the CTS or equivalent pots. Philadelphia Luthier is a good place, I also buy stuff from Amazon form the Art of Tone.

bigtuna

Reaction score
Ya I know I generally use mojotone or cuts. Just was asking to make sure what ever I buy it fits. But looks like this one has been hacked on, actually did a pretty clean job. Thank you all for your help

Latest Threads