Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Wolfetone Dr.Vintage

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Other (write it in your reply)

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

marwan38

Reaction score
Ok, so im buying new pickups for my guitar, but im not sure which to get.I love the slashy sound and the jimmy page sound. Both '57 classics and Wolfetone Dr.Vintage sound really nice! But i LOVE the slashy tone of the Alnico II Pro's.
Problem is Alnico II is abit expensive for me, as i dont have much money.

Vote on the polls ;D

Thanks.

Oh yeah, i have a Epiphone les paul custom ebony.

Extremerocker827

Reaction score
Seymours will give you a better deal than the Gibsons, I'm not sure about the wolfetone but I would get the SDs. I personally would get jazz and JB models in Seymour Duncans, but pickups are all about YOUR SOUND. Try going to the Tonewizard on Seymour Duncan's website, that might help you figure out what kind of pups u want. And in terms of brand, i think SDs are the way to go.

Rafał

Reaction score
If you like Slash's tone, go with Alnico Pro II's.

Darkburst

Reaction score
I have no problems nailing Slash tones with my Wolfetone Dr. V's. They use ALNICO II magnets like the Duncan APH II's. Wolfetones are great at getting classic PAF tones as well.

marwan38

Reaction score
Yeah.. i might get the Dr.V's they're cheaper, and they both have the nice classic les paul tone , and the slashy tone.

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
My preference:

WB 6707 VTPH :D

However--for the more frugal the Standard VTPH will do the trick.
BB

overdriver

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, so im buying new pickups for my guitar, but im not sure which to get.I love the slashy sound and the jimmy page sound. Both '57 classics and Wolfetone Dr.Vintage sound really nice! But i LOVE the slashy tone of the Alnico II Pro's.
Problem is Alnico II is abit expensive for me, as i dont have much money.

Vote on the polls ;D

Thanks.

Oh yeah, i have a Epiphone les paul custom ebony.

IMo look used best thing to do or get GFS Vintage 59s but if you got your heart set on a pup made using Alnico II look for used Duncans, Gibson 57s, etc. etc. Its not just the pups that give slash or any famous player a certin tone. IMo any vintage spec. pup will do.
Examples of deals on used;
I got a set of uninstalled GFS 59s for 50$, I got a set, being shipped to me Monday ,a set of gold covered Gibson 57s 120$.
Last spring I got a set of Elitist pups (made by Gibson) 120$.
Last spring I sold a set of Duncans, a Alnico pro II neck and a Custom custom bridge for 120. to cover the cost of the Elitist.

So what does that say for Duncans !out of all the sets of pups I have and have tried the Duncans are history. But thats not to say they are bad, just didn't do it for me.

marwan38

Reaction score
Yeah.. but im really thinking of getting the Dr.v's you know, they're not made by a famous company, so not many people will have them. I want to have a unique tone :) .. so i think im gonna get the Wolfetone Dr.Vintage. ANY OBJECTIONS? xD

overdriver

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah.. but im really thinking of getting the Dr.v's you know, they're not made by a famous company, so not many people will have them. I want to have a unique tone :) .. so i think im gonna get the Wolfetone Dr.Vintage. ANY OBJECTIONS? xD

Get whatever unique tone LOL that comes from the player and all the stuff he uses. Not a certin guys version of a PAF hot or normal. If makers didn't advertise or people on the internet didn't claim such nonsense :hmm: who would buy into them .:) Hey you asked and put up a poll I gave you my thoughts IMo and experience with pups.

Double black 57s mint 130. here in the classifieds Telecaster Guitar Forum - guitars, gear, amps and strings if anyones looking for some.

tintin

Reaction score
Hard to know. As overdriver has pointed out, a lot depends upon the guitar, amp, etc., beyond the qualities of the pick ups. Still, I think I'd go for the Wolftones. Why be normal? ;)

Latest Threads