Almost passed out. Freakin a lil bit

your idol

Reaction score
I hate the ER. Unless you're hemorrhaging they have no clue what to do and no diagnostic ability...useless.

I didn't see mention here (maybe I missed it) did they check to see if you're even slightly anemic? Mrs_Ape has had problems on and off with this type of thing. We now know it's caused by a mild case of anemia that sometimes flares up. Usually brought on by poor diet and/or lack of rest. She never did anything about it until it got bad.

She had "smaller" incidents like the one you described for years. Then about a month after baby_ape was born (baby's first trip out) she had the "big one". We were in the store and out of no where she said she felt dizzy and hot. She sat on the floor for a minute to try to collect herself. She stood up and then walked about 50' before it hit...she said she couldn't feel her legs, she started to slur her speech, eyes rolled back in her head, evacuated bladder & bm, and then dead weight. I thought she was gone. Took me a good minute to wake her up (felt like hours) and about 5 minutes longer before she was lucid.

And what did they do when she got to the hospital? Check her blood sugar, give her an IV, sit for a few hours doing nothing, and send us packing. Less than fvcking useless.

After 2 weeks of wasted trips to a neurologist I had to curse off the doc before he finally agreed to send her to a hematologist. I wasn't taking no for an answer after "the big one". I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that the neurologist worked out of the same medical center as the general practitioner. :squint:

Moral of the story? Make sure you don't let this slide just because you're feeling fine for the moment. And make sure you push the bastards if you think they're being lackadaisical.

Get well brother.

well my DOC i dont even know..i only deal with the PA by request because shes the one trying to carve her notch on the hospital bedpost and she is a no bullsh!t kinda gal so i have faith in here..ill see her next week

venijake

Reaction score
Sounds almost like my pass out experience:

About 2 weeks ago I went home from school because I was sick and throwing up. After sleeping all day and taking some pepto bismol, I decided I was going to go to our high school football game that night. I felt fine, until about 5 minutes into the game, it didn't help that it was pouring down rain. All of a sudden my vision got all wavy, I got really dizzy, and then I was falling over unbalanced. So then I just fell down lol. Somehow my friends got me up and sat me down where I threw up. Thankfully I held it in because otherwise it would be all over other students. Later that night I asked how long it took place over. They told me about 5 minutes. I thought it was like 30 seconds, that's all I remember. I guess that's what you get when you make dumb decisions like that.

Latest Threads