Almost passed out. Freakin a lil bit

Hack

Reaction score
Whatever you do, do not go into the light.

Its a trick.

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Reaction score
Idol

I've had the same thing happen.
Every two to four years (yup, that's all).
I should note that I feel in perfect health.
Good wind, good endurance, blah, blah, for a 58 yr old guy.

First time I was about 38 and it hit me so hard that I dropped like a stone.
Right into a kitchen counter. Cost me some teeth, a busted orbit bone, etc. Went to the hospital and they found....nothing. (except the phucked up face....:laugh2:)

The last time (3 years ago) not so bad...flat on my back in my office while the room circled around me. Eye floaty things, tunnel vision...Like a bad drunk. Went to the hospital. They could find....nothing.
Symptoms dissipated after 7 or 8 hours. Felt fine. Went home.

Went to my doctor. He found.....nothing.

Went to the hopital for a head scan..can't remember what it's called.
CAT, PET, MRI,?? the one where they lie you down and stick you into the rotating gizmo. They found....nothing (in this case that was fine with me).

My doc is convinced it is somehow blood sugar related but all blood tests done during and right after each incident have come up fine.

Others have suggested it is somehow inner ear related (some kind of virus or something) but nobody can find anything.

Bottom line is.....I'm now 58 and I'm just living with it.
I know what the onset signs are now. I can prepare myself. And I keep my diet (so important) half ways reasonable. And lots of water....lots.
Follow your doc's advice. And quit smoking if you indulge.

I don't exactly know if this is any help to you..probably the opposite..but I feel fine. I don't anticipate any (more) problems and neither does anybody else.

I play shows, I drink beer, I live life.

I'm just prepared for it.
:)

Eigen

Reaction score

Comanche

Reaction score
That same thing happened to me and it turn out to be a potassium deficiency from to much diet soda and not enough water while working in hot weather.

Fracture

Reaction score
Take as much of the sugar out of your diet as humanly possible, white flour too.
Drink only water and limit your coffee. No soda, energy drinks or juices.
Live on water and small amounts of protein every other hour or so.
Try this for 3 days and see how you feel.

Hack

Reaction score

your idol

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. I was scared as fvck to close my eyes un bed last night fearing not waking up.

Woke up feeling great. Ate a turkey sandwhich before bed and ate a cliff bar and only drank one cup of joe this mornin. I feel good and a special shot of empathy for the guys whove dealt with this or similar. It sucks to get freaked out and have the docs scratch their head and say i dunno.

Thanks for riding with me on this one fellas!

Hack

Reaction score
Ok, so now you see how easily you may not wake up.

Live it brother, live it. Go do something you thought you could never do. Now, do it. You may never get the chance again.

garweft

Reaction score
I would have been really freaked out too. I've been lucky to be pretty healthy so far. But every once in a while, I start to think that something could be wrong, and I just don't know yet. The though of developing cancer really freaks me out.

Anytime I get a bad headache I always worry it's meningitis.

mdubya

Reaction score
It is a real wake up call the first time you are really faced with your own mortality. Those, "oh fvck, am I dying?" moments.

I have been there with the blurred vision or blind spots, ringing in my ears, unable to blink away not being able to focus.

I have usually taken to bed and slept hard.

People have made some great suggestions: dehydration, sinus infection, migraine.

I even thought possible sleep apnea. That can cause an almost narcoleptic like scenario where you hit a wall and can't remain conscious.

Getting old sucks. :lol:

I prescribe liberal doses of guitar playing.

lunchbox

Reaction score
You're going to the doctor to get checked out, which is good.

The only thing I can tell you is that you should be really careful when you feel like that again. As soon as it starts to hit you, get down on the floor so you don't fall should you pass out.

I knew a guy that this happened to. The coroner said he must have had a fainting spell. He passed out and fell, hit his head on the corner of a table, then the hardwood floor, and died as a result.

It's nothing to slough off.

your idol

Reaction score
It is a real wake up call the first time you are really faced with your own mortality. Those, "oh fvck, am I dying?" moments.

Bro. Ive had a gun pulled on me TWICE. ive been in small mob riots. 6 auto wrecks. several bike accidents. fights from one on one to mass beatings.walked through places that could have ate me alive and many many more things...world class aint afraid of sh!t attitude.

watched my dad die in front of me of a sudden heart attack and from that day the thought of dropping and leaving things unattended scare the hell out of me

Caoimhin

Reaction score
Weird thing is it only happens at work when it does. Only happens when i talk to a customer, and its only later in the day. This was just the most severe it has ever been.

This is weird

I have anxiety and this sounds like a panic attack to me. I haven't passed out from it but I remember feeling like I was about to fall over.

Caoimhin

Reaction score
The best natural way to get ride of a panic attack is to sit down and slam a bottle of water, drink it has fast as you can and don't stop till the bottle is done. This takes your focus of your attack and breathing and in a few minutes you'll be normal again. It works for me most of the time but after a panic attack you can feel completely drained of all energy.

your idol

Reaction score
The best natural way to get ride of a panic attack is to sit down and slam a bottle of water, drink it has fast as you can and don't stop till the bottle is done. This takes your focus of your attack and breathing and in a few minutes you'll be normal again. It works for me most of the time but after a panic attack you can feel completely drained of all energy.

oh i did brother. i didnt WANT to fall asleep but damned if i didnt...as soon as i hit the bed.

Caoimhin

Reaction score
oh i did brother. i didnt WANT to fall asleep but damned if i didnt...as soon as i hit the bed.

If you drink a lot of caffeine or energy drinks then try doing without them for a little bit. They don't cause an attack but can help trigger one.

your idol

Reaction score
If you drink a lot of caffeine or energy drinks then try doing without them for a little bit. They don't cause an attack but can help trigger one.

i do..im 48-72 oz a day coffee...i had about 12 today

Reaction score
I hate the ER. Unless you're hemorrhaging they have no clue what to do and no diagnostic ability...useless.

I didn't see mention here (maybe I missed it) did they check to see if you're even slightly anemic? Mrs_Ape has had problems on and off with this type of thing. We now know it's caused by a mild case of anemia that sometimes flares up. Usually brought on by poor diet and/or lack of rest. She never did anything about it until it got bad.

She had "smaller" incidents like the one you described for years. Then about a month after baby_ape was born (baby's first trip out) she had the "big one". We were in the store and out of no where she said she felt dizzy and hot. She sat on the floor for a minute to try to collect herself. She stood up and then walked about 50' before it hit...she said she couldn't feel her legs, she started to slur her speech, eyes rolled back in her head, evacuated bladder & bm, and then dead weight. I thought she was gone. Took me a good minute to wake her up (felt like hours) and about 5 minutes longer before she was lucid.

And what did they do when she got to the hospital? Check her blood sugar, give her an IV, sit for a few hours doing nothing, and send us packing. Less than fvcking useless.

After 2 weeks of wasted trips to a neurologist I had to curse off the doc before he finally agreed to send her to a hematologist. I wasn't taking no for an answer after "the big one". I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that the neurologist worked out of the same medical center as the general practitioner. :squint:

Moral of the story? Make sure you don't let this slide just because you're feeling fine for the moment. And make sure you push the bastards if you think they're being lackadaisical.

Get well brother.

Latest Threads