Almost passed out. Freakin a lil bit

your idol

Reaction score
So im at work just talking and all of the sudden like a ton of bricks.. I almost pass out.

I excuse myself and hunch and start the deep controlled breaths.
I get to the point im fading back in. I walk away and go sit down.
Balance is fine
Vision is weird. If i close one eye or the other i see fine, both and its cockeyed
Get wavy dark spots in corner of eyes like an optical migraine.
About 4 min later i can see straight, about 4 after that no waves.

Went and got a juice and took some tylenol.

Feeling warm and disconnected but thats probably due to me just being freaked the fvck out. Other than that i feel strong and healthy. Not off in any way.

So im just waiting for my wife to get done at work in 10 min and going to the hoapital.

This stuff happened last year around this time and the doc said it was vertigo.. Family doc said she didnt buy that at all.

Weird thing is it only happens at work when it does. Only happens when i talk to a customer, and its only later in the day. This was just the most severe it has ever been.

This is weird

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Get yerself checked out, Brian. You on blood pressure meds?

--R

Electroman67

Reaction score
Get your blood pressure and cholesterol/triglycerides checked Brian. Simple blood work could explain alot, also look at your diet for the last 24 hrs, anything odd?

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
Yikes! Good for you for getting checked out rather than ignoring it and I hope you're all right.

your idol

Reaction score
Blood Sugar?

Todays ingestion:

2 cups of coffee 20 oz
5 packs of sugar each
4 hersheys kisses.

I dont eat alot come this time of year on at work because this is my busy time. Funny enough is this is the only time it happens so maybe.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Perhaps that has changed. But because you're saying that this is a thing that seems to happen at certain times of day, I'm thinking that maybe Papa Squash is on target with the blood sugar thing.

For sure, though: get yourself checked out. Got my fingers crossed for ya, bro!

--R

your idol

Reaction score
Get your blood pressure and cholesterol/triglycerides checked Brian. Simple blood work could explain alot, also look at your diet for the last 24 hrs, anything odd?

Ate a ton of haluski yesterday.. And a couple donuts in the am

Ps doc says my cholesterol and tris are money and my heart beats like an ox

Hack

Reaction score
Like most of us, you are alleric to work. Quit your job today. Go play guitar on the beach for the rest of your life. It is the only way you will make it to see another year.

12watt

Reaction score
Judging by what you've eaten, it sounds like it could be hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar). I get it sometimes, I feel on the verge of blacking out and get rubbed eyes vision. The docs will let you know for sure.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking blood sugar issues. Temporary fluctuations can occur, especially when your diet is unnutritious like that. I'll get light-headed in the afternoon if I don't eat something a little more substantial than candy.

Corrosion of Conformity

Reaction score
Todays ingestion:

2 cups of coffee 20 oz
5 packs of sugar each
4 hersheys kisses.

I dont eat alot come this time of year on at work because this is my busy time. Funny enough is this is the only time it happens so maybe.

:shock:

Maybe you need to cut back on the sugar. And eat some food.

It's good that you're getting this checked out. I hope everything turns out okay.

So What

Reaction score
Blood sugar.

Hypoglycemia is no joke.

I have it. I get irritable, cold sweats, vision and concentration problems.

Clears up after about 30 mins.

Eat proteins. Skip the carbs and sugar.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
i dont eat a lot...maybe not enough.a good healthy chicken salad or something for lunch might keep you from feeling weak late in the day.just sayin.

cwness

Reaction score
What you described sounds like what my mom describes when she has a vertigo attack.
What did the doc say about that? My mom has a hard time getting the doc's to say
anything more then she has vertigo. Good luck I hope you figure it out. Freaks my mom
when it happens to her. I caught her before she hit the floor at dinner a couple months
back. When she was at a friends and it happened she wan't so lucky. Broke her glasses
had an egg on her forehead. If you feel it happening sit down. Her vision goes wacky also.

CW

Latest Threads