Almost NOS Roland BC-60 310

DrBGood

Reaction score
Got this big boy 3 days ago for a good price. It was bought new 5 or 6 years ago and owner told me he played it but a couple of times. Store tag and bar code sticker still on it. All the ones I see on the web lost most of their knob gold caps. This one still has them all, so I poped them all out and super glued them.

That is a LOUD and heavy amp (50+ lbs), cab is made of ¾" MDF or similar composite and it has three 10" in there.

After the first 24 hours with it, I thought it would go back on the market sooner than later. I'm not sure of that anymore. Took me some time to find its sweet spot. All reviews I looked at had it sound pretty good, but I couldn't get there until I found out it likes humbuckers better. Strange but up to now, that's where the magic happens. Very tube like tones thanks to its Tube Logic technology. Well responsive to attack and guitar volume. I'll probably eventually find settings that compliment P90s too, but I'm not there yet.

Cleans on channel 1 are ... clean, and have that magic almost Fender sparkle to them. Two crunch settings on that side of the amp gives out some good warm saturation.

Channel 2 is somethnig else. It can easily be brought in a not too happy fizzy tone palette. But if you stay in the lower register of the pre volume it's pretty nice, even with post volume cranked.

It is very pedal friendly on channel 1, which is nice.

I guess it'll take some time on that amp to unravel all its qualities. For now I'm happy with it.

Rolland CB-60 310.jpg

Controls-.jpg

Last edited:

DrBGood

Reaction score
Just sold it with a little profit. I just couldn't find my tone in there. Now I know ... :)

Latest Threads