(Almost) NGD - JDM Epiphone Les Paul Custom

suedehead

Reaction score
This has just cleared customs and will be delivered to me tomorrow...

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

It's a '99 with a Seymour Duncan JB installed in the bridge and the harness has been swapped for 500k CTS pots and Orange Drop caps.

:D

Hogie34

Reaction score
Nice man! HNGD! Was that the one ookini had on eBay ?

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
Very nice Custom you've got there.

I just picked up an '03 Epi. Elite Ebony LP Custom last week.

It's a pretty amazing guitar just stock.

I can't imagine upgrading the pickups and the wiring harness.

I'm tempted, but as good as it sounds and plays, I'm going to leave well enough alone.

Congrats on your new guitar.

JohnnyN

Reaction score
Beautiful! Congratulations and happy upcoming NGD :)

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Congrats on your incoming LPC-80

:applause::applause::applause:

Mr 'ookini55' seems to get the CITES-II things right
:thumb:

Hogie34

Reaction score
Congrats on your incoming LPC-80

:applause::applause::applause:

Mr 'ookini55' seems to get the CITES-II things right
:thumb:
Yes indeed. I never recommend sellers cause something always turns bad out of it but he's one of the good ones. I almost bought that epi at the same time I bought the OBG. Couldn't validate in my head two of basically the same guitar so I bought the white one instead . I'm on guitar #4 with him.

Sorry for the hijack suedehead, just happy others are getting some nice guitars from a good dude. Congrats again, she is a beauty!!!

suedehead

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. Yes it was ookini and everything came through without a hitch. Packaging was top notch and postage was negligible. $25 to post from Japan to England? It can cost that to send it down the road here!

61LPSG

Reaction score
Suedehead,
That's a beauty, congrats:applause:
It's a shame they don't make them anymore. The JDM, and Elite/Elitist model are really nice . I have an Elitist and just love it. The upgrades are also well chosen, I have CTS pots Russian PIOs and Rewind pups in mine.
I want to find a nice ES-335 at some point.

Now go camp out by the door and wait for it.

El Greco

Reaction score
I had many MIJ Epis but never a custom! I'm pretty sure I'll get one, in the (near) future! Pics when you get it! HNGD!

HLT_Jor

Reaction score
Congratulations! Lovely Man. I've been gassing for a Custom Elitists and if I failed to get one, I'll go for the Tokai.

suedehead

Reaction score
Very nice Custom you've got there.

I just picked up an '03 Epi. Elite Ebony LP Custom last week.

It's a pretty amazing guitar just stock.

I can't imagine upgrading the pickups and the wiring harness.

I'm tempted, but as good as it sounds and plays, I'm going to leave well enough alone.

Congrats on your new guitar.
I think I know what you're getting at. The neck pickup seems to be stock and sounds really sweet.

suedehead

Reaction score
Yes indeed. I never recommend sellers cause something always turns bad out of it but he's one of the good ones. I almost bought that epi at the same time I bought the OBG. Couldn't validate in my head two of basically the same guitar so I bought the white one instead . I'm on guitar #4 with him.

Sorry for the hijack suedehead, just happy others are getting some nice guitars from a good dude. Congrats again, she is a beauty!!!
No need to apologise. I's always good to get feedback on sellers.

BTW, I'm glad you didn't buy my guitar :)

ElhazGuy

Reaction score
Mine has arrived a week ago. :)

Even seeing that yours is in better shape than mine, I'm amazed about this guitar, man.

Dimarzios dp 103, 50's wiring and russian caps brought this sweet guitar to perfection to me.

Congrats, man!

Attachments

suedehead

Reaction score
Mine has arrived a week ago. :)

Even seeing that yours is in better shape than mine, I'm amazed about this guitar, man.

Dimarzios dp 103, 50's wiring and russian caps brought this sweet guitar to perfection to me.

Congrats, man!
I like the look of yours with that uncovered double white bridge pup. As for the condition, the photos of mine aren't inaccurate but they are flattering. I'd bet that they are on a par with each other.

I love mine. It sounds fantastic. The neck is perfect. My Junior's neck is a little too fat and the Classic's is a little too skinny... maybe I'm the Goldilocks of guitars because this one is just right.

Love the Twin Peaks cushion, btw.

ElhazGuy

Reaction score
I like the look of yours with that uncovered double white bridge pup. As for the condition, the photos of mine aren't inaccurate but they are flattering. I'd bet that they are on a par with each other.

I love mine. It sounds fantastic. The neck is perfect. My Junior's neck is a little too fat and the Classic's is a little too skinny... maybe I'm the Goldilocks of guitars because this one is just right.

Love the Twin Peaks cushion, btw.
Cool, man! :)

I was in search for a more vintage sound than I had with my other 2 lp's (Traditional, with 57's, and LPJ, with BB pros) and, now, I finally have it.

The TP cushion is very cool hehehe

Latest Threads