Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Rat's @$$

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • get your commie ass outta here, mdubya

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

mdubya

Reaction score
I wasn't really in the holiday weekend spirit, but now I am.

I love it when our commie listener sponsored local radio station plays music.

They were playing Little Richard and Chuck Berry and Big Joe Turner the other day.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
We eloped to Jamaica. I smoked= BIG SPLEEF, while taking vows. As I childe, I would sing this song when we went on family vacations in the wagon- I ALWAYS had talent.

What were they crooning at our wedding resort- ska version of I steppped in a pile of SSSHHAVVVINGG cream- I gave them buskers many $20 bills.

six-string

Reaction score
no knock on John Denver- he made a lot of money and made a lot of people happy with his songs. Took him from a Rocky Mountain High to being shark bait after a Pacific plane low...

But Toots Hibbert always had the goods! the man has more soul in his pinky than some people have in their whole family tree!
yeah he's done some fine covers- Dreams To Remember, Hard To Handle , Louie Louie etc. but he's written a few classics too. like Pressure Drop and Funky Kingston, Sweet and Dandy, 54-46 was My Number.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wasn't really in the holiday weekend spirit, but now I am.

I love it when our commie listener sponsored local radio station plays music.

They were playing Little Richard and Chuck Berry and Big Joe Turner the other day.
It’s a popular song in Jamaica, I love Denver’s and Toots versions as I love both places.

meatball

Reaction score
I was in Jamacia last year and was ata resort that and live music each night ,, one thing stood out , The bands had NO guitars... I inquired of the entertainment director and hetold Me that there is a shortage of guitar players in Jamacia. He said the reason is that there is very little guitar teachers . HE said that I were to move t and teach ,I would be rich. Then he said there are too few guitars there also because of it . All that Bob MArley music and no guitar players for Miles around . Anyone need a career change and. Wanna move ?

rcole_sooner

Reaction score
I was looking for some island music for my around the pool playlist this Summer, and stumbled across Donny Brewer.

Frack! I bought all his albums. Some damn good mix of tunes. Some islandy, some country, some funny, some rock. Dudes got talent.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was in Jamacia last year and was ata resort that and live music each night ,, one thing stood out , The bands had NO guitars... I inquired of the entertainment director and hetold Me that there is a shortage of guitar players in Jamacia. He said the reason is that there is very little guitar teachers . HE said that I were to move t and teach ,I would be rich. Then he said there are too few guitars there also because of it . All that Bob MArley music and no guitar players for Miles around . Anyone need a career change and. Wanna move ?
To Jamaica? Hell no....you couldn't d'yer maker me. What good is it being rich if there's no hockey? No curling? No skiing? Dogsledding?

fry

Reaction score
I was born and raised in West Virginia, spent the first half of my life there. I am actually sitting in West Virginia right now for the holiday weekend as I type this. There can only be one version of this song, Mr. John Denver. It is an anthem here. You play it in a bar, everybody stands up and sings it at the top of their lungs.

Last edited:

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
I love West Jamaica and visit Bloody Bay as often as I can.

But one thing you may also find there is this guy.

Latest Threads