Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess

jcoat007

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I really like the Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess, and have recently seen a couple of black ones for sale on e-bay. I contacted Gibson and they tell me it is only available in "Royal Crimson" and Viceroy Brown". So what is up with these black ones?

Thanks

Steve

carydad

Reaction score
There are a ton of one off colors in the normal axcess-not posted on a gibby site, so there you go. They seem to release them as test cases, like the natural custom axcess-straight from the factory and some dealers know about them-and can get them. It seems many end up on ebay. On guy around here seems to get a line on them.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not an Alex Lifeson if it's black. Might be a regular Axcess or it's a fake.

EvanPC

Reaction score
Not sure. But your avatar is awesome.

E.L. Fudge

Banned
Reaction score
Like he said, it's an Axcess Standard, not an Alex Lifeson Axcess. I don't think the Standards have the dual input jack or the piezo bridge.

jcoat007

Reaction score
It does have the dual output jacks, piezo bridge, floyd rose, Alex Lifeson paperwork etc....

The seller gave me the serial number and told me to call Gibson to confirm authenticity. He says the custom shop made a few in black, but not many so it's not a standard color offering. I will chek it out with Gibson.

dspelman

Reaction score
It's not an Alex Lifeson if it's black. Might be a regular Axcess or it's a fake.

Not necessarily. Gibson puts out a lot of "flyers" here and there. I have an Axcess Custom -- it's a black guitar with an ebony fretboard, real MOP block inlays, white multi-layer binding on the body AND headstock, large diamond inlay, large Custom headstock, yada yada. I didn't like the pink binding and plastics on the standard Axcess, didn't want an "iced tea" finish, and I wanted ebony and real MOP on the fretboard rather than rosewood and plastic inlays. There's more. The guitar is chambered, rather than being cheesed, as are most Axcesses.

In addition, there are translucent red and green finishes on otherwise standard Axcesses, and you won't find either of them in the catalog (or on the website), either.

It's highly likely that there are Lifeson guitars out there in black.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks dspelman and mijero and sorry jcoat, I sit corrected! If I were looking for one ebony is the color I'd want.

:cheers:

b3john

Reaction score

irocdave12

Reaction score
Yes the black ones totally legit. Rare but legit. Alex had one as a back up on tour along with the Royal Crimson and Viceroy models he used on stage. I have a crimson and it's Gibson guitar perfection. As far as the weight issue i find mine very comfortable. With all the compartments on the back I consider it weight relieved but it has some healthy weight from all the extra stuff on it like the piezo and floyd. I do believe the axcess models are a bit thinner than the average LP as well. I saw an ebony one on ebay just yesterday FYI

pjtxxx

Reaction score
Then why is Musicians Friend selling Ebony Alex Lifeson Axcess Les Paul's if they're not Alex Lifeson Access Les Paul's?

pjtxxx

Reaction score
Don't like the black one as much but I'd take it if I could

b3john

Reaction score
Then why is Musicians Friend selling Ebony Alex Lifeson Axcess Les Paul's if they're not Alex Lifeson Access Les Paul's?

They're legit. It looks like they have about 10 of them...

roodyrocker

Reaction score
The Alex Lifeson Axcess is a nice model. If they're going to release it in black they should do it like his Black Custom though :cool:

Rudy

Satch0922

Reaction score
Only "Lifeson" sig I want......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPKW8J0Wf50&feature=related]Rush Time Machine Tour 2010- "La Villa Strangiato" (HD) Live on 9-2-2010 - YouTube[/ame]

jcoat007

Reaction score
Latest Update - I copied a bunch of photos from one that was for sale on e-bay and sent them to Gibson. They confirmed that it was authentic.

LesPaulFanFL

Reaction score
I want to buy an Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess. Some how the new models have jumped from $4000 to $8-9000 because of a prettier top...

As I search for a used one, can anyone here show me a link or website that has the serial numbers listed so I can date the ones I find on eBay/Reverb/CL etc?

Latest Threads