Alex Lifeson Epiphone

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks Freddy for bringing that up. Interesting you mentioned that because my CS Lifeson model profile definitely feels bigger in the hand than any of my other 60’s slim taper necks. Do think that is just variations on who was sanding that day at the factory or they were going for a very specfic profile for Alex? Just asking since you might have a little more insight into Mr Lifeson than the average bear :naughty:
Alex's itself is slim. Not super slim, but certainly not big.

darkvoice

Reaction score
Interesting guitar, but personally I will skip on this one - not a big fan of Floyd Rose on a Les Paul.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Interesting guitar, but personally I will skip on this one - not a big fan of Floyd Rose on a Les Paul.
yeah im considering canceling mine and buying a gibson tribute to be honest. just too much shit going on in that guitar way too much for my taste besides i think im going to lay off epiphone for a while.....

Daz1964

Reaction score
My second one has arrived! MUCH better than the first. Although, the tremolo was not properly set out of the box, and I was a bit trepidatious adjusting it. I half expected this one to rub the body cavity too! But, all is well! I feel REALLY lucky to have a good one when I've heard so many stories of folks receiving bad ones. Also, the neck is definitely not a 60's slim taper, but not huge like the 50's either. More of a rounded C shape..

gibsonroxs524

Reaction score
Mine just arrived today! Looks to be in good shape from Sam Ash. Someone must’ve played it/attempted a setup since there seem to be a few pick scratches on it. The fret ends for sure need addressing since they are quite sharp. It also seems to creak a little when using the trem for things like dive bombs. Not sure it the truss rod needs tightened or what. I’ll change strings and do a little work on it later this week. I’m very impressed with the finish and I love the neck profile. All in all I think this will be great once it’s had a little love and I’m more than happy to get it there. What a unique guitar. Very comfortable neck profile! Seems any photo I try to post is “too large” so sorry about that lol

rbraad68

Reaction score
I heard epiphone pulled all these from europe and other countrys making them only avail in the states? Has anyone heard this as well?? I am still on the fence about keeping my order? I'm thinking that I may as well stay the course since it's already paid for. Don't want to be kicking myself later on knowing I could have gotten one of these and passed.....

Daz1964

Reaction score
I really think that this guitar is worth buying even with the issues. Personally, I don't mind doing a bit of work on it as it has fantastic potential. This isn't a "right out of the box" gem. As gibsonroxs524 rightly said "I think this will be great after a little love..." I couldn't agree more.

MineGoes211

Reaction score
I've been playing mine and I am quite happy with it! The Floyd works fine, It does need a set up, but everything else works great! Thanks Alex and Epiphone! I'm not a beginner, but I am a working man!

Attachments

irocdave12

Reaction score
Are these coming out of the China or Indonesia factory?

fry

Reaction score
Trogly did a video on this one yesterday, he seems to be happy with it. He’s a bit of a cork sniffer, so that’s high praise from him!

rbraad68

Reaction score
That's ALOT going on in one guitar!! I wound up shying away from this guitar because of that. I had one of these paid for and waiting on them to come in stock. Nice to watch this video and get to see what the guitar offers but just way too much going on for my taste!! Seems like a model like the JB that will bring good money on the used market....

fry

Reaction score
That's ALOT going on in one guitar!! I wound up shying away from this guitar because of that. I had one of these paid for and waiting on them to come in stock. Nice to watch this video and get to see what the guitar offers but just way too much going on for my taste!! Seems like a model like the JB that will bring good money on the used market....
I dig it except for the Floyd. No whammy bars for me, especially on a Les Paul.

Latest Threads