Alex Lifeson Epiphone

LSAR

Reaction score
Can you elborate a bit on this trem system? I haven't owned a floyd in 25 yr's plus!! what is a ghost fr??
It appears to be this exact bridge, the same as used on some runs of the custom shop model as far as I can tell.
Ghost is the name of the embedded piezo acoustic/midi pickup system made by GraphTech. I don't know who makes this bridge for them but it's a nicely plated, solid feeling bridge. Functionally it's just a solid Gotoh style FR with piezo pickups added in the saddles.
Oh hey..... the case!! you have any pics of that???
20210617_233555.jpg
20210617_233611.jpg
20210617_233713.jpg
20210617_233802.jpg

It's essentially a gig bag with good padding and plywood reinforcement on all sides. Nice and light weight, good support for carrying around without being huge or uncomfortable and not as unsupported and unprotected as a regular gig bag. I usually take the bus so that's handy in that regard, but I wouldn't reach for this first if I was shipping or flying.

mfoster

Reaction score
OMG.... Reverb CME - Estimated Ship Date : Dec 7, 2021
Reverb Music Zoo : June 30, 2022
:shock:
Samash in stock and ready to ship......ugh

I suck playing Rush on my R8, but really love Lifeson ! Damn

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
OMG.... Reverb CME - Estimated Ship Date : Dec 7, 2021
Reverb Music Zoo : June 30, 2022
:shock:
Samash in stock and ready to ship......ugh

I suck playing Rush on my R8, but really love Lifeson ! Damn
Sweet Water is telling me 8 to 12 weeks MIN !!! If it gets too out of hand I will grab one from GC or MF .. Right now I'm not too worried about it... My store credit is already up to almost 900 bucks with the balance paid towards the Alex .. I'm almost in the Gibson Tribute range anyways....

irocdave12

Reaction score
Being an owner of one of the original first year Lifeson CS models I’m surprised to see this guitar coming out so long after the Gibson run. I have to say the cream plastics on back are hideous. Why they didn’t do brown is a head scratcher. I have a suspicion the release of this guitar and the timing has something to maybe do with Neil Schon again. I say because when the new owners took over Gibson Neil was all over his Instagram praising Gibson and showing piotures of his Neil Schon Gibsons and had some newly made prototypes he was showing at same time. Most people know the Alex Lifeson Les Paul was originally the planned Neil Schon model that fell through and they did a few tweaks and made it a Lifeson signature model instead. Being that Neil was strongly hinting at some sort of deal with Gibson going on with new owners and hinting he had a signature model coming once again I have to wonder if he became so hard to deal with as is his reputation that Gibson dropped that plan once again and are milking the Lifeson deal again years later. Either way great guitars and a welcomed sight

Pancreas

Reaction score
Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess released!

Graph Tech Floyd Rose and includes piezo bridge saddles!
Not enamoured by the lack of colour choice, but looks interesting.
Looks tempting, but I'm waiting for the Epiphone Les Paul Custom-Adam Jones to arrive.

Pancreas

Reaction score
Being an owner of one of the original first year Lifeson CS models I’m surprised to see this guitar coming out so long after the Gibson run. I have to say the cream plastics on back are hideous. Why they didn’t do brown is a head scratcher. I have a suspicion the release of this guitar and the timing has something to maybe do with Neil Schon again. I say because when the new owners took over Gibson Neil was all over his Instagram praising Gibson and showing piotures of his Neil Schon Gibsons and had some newly made prototypes he was showing at same time. Most people know the Alex Lifeson Les Paul was originally the planned Neil Schon model that fell through and they did a few tweaks and made it a Lifeson signature model instead. Being that Neil was strongly hinting at some sort of deal with Gibson going on with new owners and hinting he had a signature model coming once again I have to wonder if he became so hard to deal with as is his reputation that Gibson dropped that plan once again and are milking the Lifeson deal again years later. Either way great guitars and a welcomed sight
Alex Lifeson=Genuinly Good Guy
Neil Schon=Genuine Douchebag

rbraad68

Reaction score
I noticed that they pulled the Alex guitar from all the sites. I'm glad i got one before they did but i'm sure they will be back up on the sites sooner or later....

MineGoes211

Reaction score
Sam Ash said they only had only three. Zounds assures me I ordered in the first wave, Andy July 8th is the expected day, but that’s like an empty promise.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Sam Ash said they only had only three. Zounds assures me I ordered in the first wave, Andy July 8th is the expected day, but that’s like an empty promise.

I asked my sales rep from sweet water about them taking the guitar down from all the sites and was there going to be a problem with me getting one??? I had placed my order prob about two weeks ago and paid for the guitar. MY sales rep responce was ........ " Lifeson guitars were over sold: you will still be inline for them but we cannot take anymore orders" ....

So i'm not sure what exactly that means as far as me getting one?? Does that mean if there are enough then i will get one or does that mean don't worry about it man your good?? Either way if i miss out then i'm almost got enough store credit to get a Gibson Tribute or pay the 2500 bucks and get a standard....I really not wanting to spend 2500 bucks on a guitar so it will prob be the tribute or the standard....

MineGoes211

Reaction score
I asked my sales rep from sweet water about them taking the guitar down from all the sites and was there going to be a problem with me getting one??? I had placed my order prob about two weeks ago and paid for the guitar. MY sales rep responce was ........ " Lifeson guitars were over sold: you will still be inline for them but we cannot take anymore orders" ....

So i'm not sure what exactly that means as far as me getting one?? Does that mean if there are enough then i will get one or does that mean don't worry about it man your good?? Either way if i miss out then i'm almost got enough store credit to get a Gibson Tribute or pay the 2500 bucks and get a standard....I really not wanting to spend 2500 bucks on a guitar so it will prob be the tribute or the standard....
How did you find out about it’s release? I saw the Email from Epiphone on 6/15, and I was all over it!

rbraad68

Reaction score
Hell I gave up getting my second 59 for this guitar!!

Vicar

Reaction score
Very nice guitar. I like the new headstock shape on the Epiphones.
I can't help but think if the went to the full Gibson headstock with Epiphone script they would sell a shitload more?
Just my opinion, but would be really interesting to see.

Daz1964

Reaction score
I've already sent my first Alex Lifeson Axxess I received back. Ordered in February from American Musical Supply. They had it up on their site for about two days before they pulled it. When I called, the sales guy had no idea they they were advertising it. It finally shipped on June 6th. Had it for one whole day before I sent it back. The tremolo assembly rubs against the body cavity and gets stuck. No way to fix it without routing out the body. We shall see if the second one is better. Anyway, the second one should be here tomorrow. Other than that, it's a fantastic guitar. Epiphone has really upped their game here...

rbraad68

Reaction score
July 8th !!! My sales rep at sweet water told me 8 to 12 weeks min!! I don't mind waiting on this guitar i just don't want to be 9 months deep into this wait! I had org ordered the lemon burst in feb changing over to the 59 and now this "Alex" Guitar so already what ?? Five months into the wait. I am so tempted to jump ship and get the Gibson Tribute but I just know I'm going to regret it if i do so for now i wait.....

irocdave12

Reaction score
Yes. If it's true to the Gibson version.
Thanks Freddy for bringing that up. Interesting you mentioned that because my CS Lifeson model profile definitely feels bigger in the hand than any of my other 60’s slim taper necks. Do think that is just variations on who was sanding that day at the factory or they were going for a very specfic profile for Alex? Just asking since you might have a little more insight into Mr Lifeson than the average bear :naughty:

Latest Threads