Alex Lifeson Epiphone

LSAR

Reaction score
I was keeping an eye open for a reasonably priced Pro/FX model to make into a similar project awhile back. Cool that they finally did this, and looks like at least one store has gotten one in stock up here running at $1200 CAD.

I probably won't buy one, but look forward to checking one out. I'm pretty excited about the idea they didn't royally fvck up the pickup spacing on this one.

Vicar

Reaction score
£799 list price in UK, but looks like 3 months before in stock in what little research I have done!

north east al

Reaction score
Just saw it online in UK myself. Interesting but pricey at £799... Not a floyd rose fan tho.

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
A good LP'esque guitar w/ a piezo pickup w/ separate volume & jack for acoustic is a pretty killer platform. It really confuses FOH engineers. I really miss my '96 USA Hamer Duotone, which I'd gotten new They took the acoustic side of it a step further by having the upper body hollow and also used an Ovation style bridge.

The Lifeson Axcess add a Floyd, and coil tapping. That combined with greater upper fret access really makes this a can-do-it-all guitar.

All at Epiphone pricing..$900 in the US. Pretty awesome. My problem is I've never found a Epiphone that was particularly inspiring. But, there seems to be a lot here to like.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much Alex and not enough Epiphone.
I have no idea what that means, I just like non sequiturs.

Cardinalcomb

Reaction score
One of the great Canadian legends. Dig the piezo, I have one in a telecaster and it gets used. Huge fan of the access heel. Not a fan of Floyds though.

ucsteve

Reaction score
but to be fair the later part of his career he did primarily use Les Pauls and PRS's
CZPohV_Q.jpeg
PbCrduGg.jpeg
rFyFKVSQ.jpeg

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. I've always wanted a Floy'd on a LP.. I may have to cancel the 59 and get this instead!!! Now the question is??? This going to be a 9 month wait like the 59's ?? Deff going to keep my eye on this thing...

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guitarworks in Calgary has it in stock. Cosmo in Toronto has two. Not my cup of tea.

LSAR

Reaction score
I was keeping an eye open for a reasonably priced Pro/FX model to make into a similar project awhile back. Cool that they finally did this, and looks like at least one store has gotten one in stock up here running at $1200 CAD.

I probably won't buy one, but look forward to checking one out. I'm pretty excited about the idea they didn't royally fvck up the pickup spacing on this one.
I think I lied, this has very quickly grown on me and I've been listening to Rush since yesterday. There's supposedly one in stock nearby, I'm planning to check it out this afternoon.

Cardinalcomb

Reaction score
I think I lied, this has very quickly grown on me and I've been listening to Rush since yesterday. There's supposedly one in stock nearby, I'm planning to check it out this afternoon.
Cool cool cool. Let us know how it plays. I’d be interested to know what an alex profile neck is. Slim taper like the 60s versions?

LSAR

Reaction score
I've read a couple spots that it should be slightly more substantial than a slim taper but closer to that than a '50s.

I've been a fat '50s neck guy for a bit but I'm starting to gravitate towards something a little less substantial, so hopefully it'll be just what I'm looking for.

LSAR

Reaction score
So I've had it home all of 20 minutes. I haven't plugged it in yet as it was literally just out of the box and they were starting to tune it up at the shop, so I get to do the initial setup for the most part (that's a plus for me). So far the frets need a polish and the playability needs some tweaking but isn't far off. I'll make sure it works tonight and get into the sounds tomorrow.
The neck is very similar to the Wilshire P-90 I had for a bit that helped fund this one, so I'd say about a '60s/medium profile, reasonably round but not huge.
20210616_180352.jpg

20210616_180400.jpg

20210616_180406.jpg

20210616_180416.jpg

No fancy certificates or anything like that (fine with me) just the guitar, wrenches, trem arm, and EpiLite case. The case seems solid enough and reasonably well made. I like being able to sling it on my shoulder like a gig bag but having a little extra rigidity.

In person the colour is a little more iced tea/brown like as opposed to the more red/orange that shows in the pics. A cross between an Epi Iced Tea and Bourbon burst, sort of.

rbraad68

Reaction score
In the UK, its pre-order. But the only place I have seen mention a date says December!
Talked to my sales rep today about switching my order to this guitar here.. he said 8 to 12 weeks min wait time.... sweet water....

Latest Threads