Alex Lifeson 40th Anniversary R40 Axcess

CR9

Reaction score
Alex Lifeson 40th Anniversary R40 Axcess - $10,699 Signed and $6,699 unsigned.....

Gibson Custom Alex Lifeson R40 Les Paul Axcess

MF_MD_LP_gibson-custom-alex-lifeson_5-8-15.jpg

questionman

Reaction score
So its a more expensive version of his regular signature line?

Sounds legit Gibson

Razzle

Reaction score
Love that color. Probably no coincidence that they're embarking on a tour.

But I played an Axcess, didn't like it at all, a real tree-log neck. If I could get a thin neck for a third of the cost I'd consider.

I bought an Agile LP with a Floyd (and it's neck thru) for about $500 bucks. Love it.

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS for his signature? That actually makes me consider never listening to Rush again. That is insulting and asinine.

DanL

Reaction score

But I played an Axcess, didn't like it at all, a real tree-log neck. If I could get a thin neck for a third of the cost I'd consider.

I bought an Agile LP with a Floyd (and it's neck thru) for about $500 bucks. Love it.

Sounds like the reason you hated it was the reason I love mine! "Player" (cutouts, less traditional look geared towards better playability) guitars generally have thin necks, I'm glad this one strayed from the trend.

Baylin

Reaction score
How much of that 4k is actually going to Lifeson? Probably just another Gibson con!

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
How much of that 4k is actually going to Lifeson? Probably just another Gibson con!

I realize that. Just seems that he would have enough stroke to say, "Uh, guys...HELL NO. Not with MY name."

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS for his signature? That actually makes me consider never listening to Rush again. That is insulting and asinine.

Oh come on, it's not his fault, it's Gibson's.

But yeah, for that money I could probably pay for the flight, tickets and bribe to get backstage and have it signed myself. 4k is just stupid crazy for a doodle.

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
I realize that. Just seems that he would have enough stroke to say, "Uh, guys...HELL NO. Not with MY name."

I don't know crap about business, but I'd do that as well if it was my signature. Still working on the Rock Legend title though, but I agree a couple thousands percent.

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
I realize I'm overreacting but damn. You could buy two fantastic LPs for just the price difference of his mark with a Sharpie.

splatter

Reaction score

try a standard axcess not the lifeson version . Mine has a 60s neck . best playing guitar I ever owned

jbash

Reaction score
All of his proceeds from H&K sig amps go to unicef or March of Dimes. Not sure now that he is using other stuff. I doubt he needs the money.

That said, way too expensive for my blood, with or without the sig.

Latest Threads