Alcohol and Ebay...Bad Idea?

dro

Reaction score
Anyone else have one too many and think, ( Oh Hell I'll throw out a lowball bid, It'll be outbid in a couple hours) Only to watch for a week after and nobody bids.. CONGRATS YOU WON. Well that's how I ended up with a really sweet Les Paul Classic for a very good deal. But I doubt I would have ever bid had I been sober. And as a surprise to me didn't have a mark on it.
2012   2.JPG

judson

Reaction score
the most extreme one i did......bid $25,000 for a boat

a friend wanted it, then changed his mind, then lucky i got out bid...

i cant verify this one but another friend of a friend put in a bid on a Donzi Ciggarette boat for $68,000 and won the bid, he does own the boat now but i think he told his wife he was drunk and didnt think he would get it at that price....

i have maybe 3 great guitars i bought while drunk ebaying....its my favorite excuse

i am eyeing up a 69 LP and if I have two more drinks tonight i will probably over bid and love it longtime.....:rofl:

judson

Reaction score
he doesn't make the bast case for not drinking :hmm:

I hope he's the kind of guy that blacks out __ and one day a Russian women wanting to be his bride will show up at his front door
is there a downside to that? :dunno:

dro

Reaction score
So I'm not the best photographer. Phone is only camera. Was never supposed to be a case for not drinking. The case is for BWI , Bidding While Intoxicated.
"Cheers Judson" Enjoy the 69 one of my favorites.
Break her down and sell her for parts? The guitar or the Russian?

NRBQ

Reaction score
Anyone else have one too many and think, ( Oh Hell I'll throw out a lowball bid, It'll be outbid in a couple hours) Only to watch for a week after and nobody bids.. CONGRATS YOU WON. Well that's how I ended up with a really sweet Les Paul Classic for a very good deal. But I doubt I would have ever bid had I been sober. And as a surprise to me didn't have a mark on it. View attachment 376379
Don't feel bad, at least you scored a nice guitar, you could have ended up with a rat catcher.

Last edited:

BigJim

Reaction score
I drunk bid on a 89 PRS CU24 with a headstock split, lowballed and ended up winning it. I had it fixed and it's a great playing, somewhat desirable, "cool story bro" guitar now.

rcole_sooner

Reaction score
This sorta like the opposite of coyote ugly, instead you wake up with a super model.

:thumb:

:laugh2:

rxbandit

Reaction score
Where did those threads go about people complaining about lowballers on Craigslist/Reverb/Ebay? Well, this is why! Sometimes it works :D

dro

Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not the only one. We should get together and have a jam,( as much as I hate that word). With our drunk EBAY guitars. Everyone bring their own refreshments and their surprise ax and see how long we can stand each other.
Maybe even find a Russian cocktail waitress to serve the drinks.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't own any upper tier guitars, and don't spend much time on ebay or Reverb except to browse. On the other hand, I've never needed alcohol to induce me to spend thousands of dollars on equipment online over the last 4-5 years...

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice score / Nice axe

I have one of those.

If you don't like the 496R & 500T....(super hot)
Maybe get rid of the ceramics and drop in some boutiques.

50's wiring kit wouldn't hurt it either.

Bingo...a working axe that plays very well.
Love the necks.

K

Latest Threads