Agufish YouTube channel revives old Norlin era Les Paul

frontline205

Reaction score

So this guy bought a Les Paul husk and completely modernized it. The previous owners really destroyed it over the years. I’ve always wanted to find and old beat up Norlin and make it my own. You guys get around to checking it out.

judson

Reaction score
i would like to know what a luthier's charge would be for that much attention to the frets...

the vid seemed like 20 mins of fast forward of frets alone...great job but its seemed never ending

real time labor would be interesting

would like to see what the Luthiers forum regulars would say regarding the attention time.......dont get me wrong the guy did a super job but dam....looked like a case of OCD and i say that is a good way where it had to be perfect plus 20

i hunt husks almost daily and never saw this one on ebay.....maybe i did but was out of my comfort range on price

watched the vid and the folloe up of the final product...came out good i think...hope he got in at a decent price

frontline205

Reaction score
i would like to know what a luthier's charge would be for that much attention to the frets...

the vid seemed like 20 mins of fast forward of frets alone...great job but its seemed never ending

real time labor would be interesting

would like to see what the Luthiers forum regulars would say regarding the attention time.......dont get me wrong the guy did a super job but dam....looked like a case of OCD and i say that is a good way where it had to be perfect plus 20

i hunt husks almost daily and never saw this one on ebay.....maybe i did but was out of my comfort range on price

watched the vid and the folloe up of the final product...came out good i think...hope he got in at a decent price
Yea I think he did a third video and said it was 1500 altogether. however I do think he probably got huge discount in exchange for advertising the work done on his channel. I don’t know that but I can see that being the case.

trogly’s guitar we’re selling husk like last year, but that was too rich for the work needed for me to buy one. I kinda want to find an old pancake body and turn it into an 80’s dream guitar with Super Distortions and locking tuners. I’m hoping once COVID is under control the guitar market switches to more a buyers market than it is now.

JMP

Reaction score
That fret job must have cost $2,000....and by the looks of it, it may have been worth it. SS frets look like a shit ton of work to do “right”.

Last edited:

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure @LtDave32 does the same attention to detail on all his builds.... I know he spent a few days on the fretwork on my builds..... and he built the entire guitar from scratch for a reasonable price.

Latest Threads