Agile AL 3100 vs AIO Wolf 750T

pager

Reaction score
Trying to decide between these two. Has anyone played both?

Razzle

Reaction score
I own several Agiles, they’re great, and Rondo is great to deal with. Was considering a wolf recently but had issues with all in one.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
AL-3100 has changed specs over the years. But, generally, and certainly current iterations, has more bang to the buck, graphtec bridge and nut, ebony fretboards, etc.The draw back is the stubbier horn, ans slightly wider lower bout, than say a Les Paul or the AIO.

Zungle

Reaction score
Trying to decide between these two. Has anyone played both?

Haven't played a Wolf ....but specs show 60's type neck profile which is a deal breaker.

From what I've read I might consider the Agile(nice out of the box) or down to a Firefly and do the required work on it.....

Gold_topped

Reaction score
I’ve played both. I’m probably a bit biased because I have had nothing but excellent experiences with Rondo and Agile guitars. I’ve owned probably 25 since 2003. The 3100 and the 3200 are the only current models I’d consider.

To me the 3100 about a decade ago was an amazing punch of performance for the price. The quality felt better to me than the Wolf, but again I am admittedly a Agile fan.

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Another Agile fan here, Have a 3010SE with P90s and ebony board, and a 2500 with 3 hums from a decade or so ago. (ALL mahogany... yum!) I've played a Wolf and went... "ehhh." Go Agile.

dspelman

Reaction score
AL-3100 has changed specs over the years. But, generally, and certainly current iterations, has more bang to the buck, graphtec bridge and nut, ebony fretboards, etc.The draw back is the stubbier horn, ans slightly wider lower bout, than say a Les Paul or the AIO.
That's not a drawback. I have really large hands, and I regularly bang the side of my left hand on the inside of the cutaway horn on my Gibson LPs when I get into the upper frets. The reduced-size horn on the Agile helps a lot with that. I'm not sure that "slightly wider lower bout" is a thing -- I have all of mine in standard LP cases with no issues whatsoever.

I bought an Agile AL-3000 (same guitar with abalone inlays, essentially) over a decade ago. I've got 13 of them (various models) now, including 3100s and a 3100 with a Floyd. The value on these is crazy -- and I love the ebony fretboards and real MOP inlays. The AL-3100 has come with a 13.7" radius fretboard and hand-filed jumbo frets (though some might now be coming with a compound radius fretboard), as well as a Graphtech TUSQ nut and an upgraded Graphtech bridge with string saver saddles. Check the current specs, though for more information. The Agiles are Korean-made (likely World Music). I'm not sure where the Wolf brand comes from.

While you're considering, look at the Agile AL-3200 as well (more money). It's neck-through construction, slightly thinner than the 3100, with a carved neck heel (ala the Gibson Axcess) and a tummy cut, but with all the other appointments of the AL-3100. If you order the -MCC model, you''re getting a full thickness maple cap.

All that said, the Wolf is an excellent value as well. I've seen two of them so far, but haven't purchased any. Their spec includes a rosewood fretboard with a 12" radius and a cutaway horn shape that's closer to the gibson.

motowntom

Reaction score
I am an Agile fan as well, I have three. You cannot go wrong IMHO.
Cheers

Gfunk_Minor

Ooooops
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an Agile AL3000 and it's a beast.
Weighs over 9 pounds. I don't play it as much as my Avatar, but when I do it reminds me it was worth every penny of the $500 or so I spent on it.
And check out the inlays.... Crazy..!
a1.jpg
in1.jpg

Latest Threads