Aged True Historic - Factory Buckle Rash or Not

bungle

Reaction score
Natural aging on my most recent R8. (2007)
39E51908-C883-4AA9-A0A0-602C02560917.jpeg
Because it’s a little beat it gets mega play time. Shiny one lives in it’s case now. I still don’t quite get factory relics.

Last edited:

boola1

Reaction score
How much damage is the right amount of damage? Tricky question....

Gold Tone

Reaction score
How much damage is the right amount of damage? Tricky question....
Well that depends on the image your trying to present of course. Does it match your wardrobe, hairstyle, and rock star grimace as you bend a note?

Zungle

Reaction score
Sorry...I don't post up here much... but I'm laughing inside at the thought of someone buying a new but reliced/pre-aged guitar......especially a Gibson.

Totally not my thing.

Carry on....

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
This thread made my day :laugh2:

I find the matter totally ridiculous, I find it totally unbelievable people are "certain" this is or is not factory wear (how the hell can you know?). But I'm also happy the matter got resolved with the help of the dealer. I mean, that's how it shoud always be right? Two people are in disagreement, they both do a small concession, and they both leave happy.

Could someone please explain what exactly a "mint condition" reliced/aged guitar is and how would you know?
I've been wondering this for years. I've seen reliced to shit Fender/ Gibsons sold as "mint". Yeah it probably means new, unplayed, ....., whatever. But how can you know?
Two weeks ago I played a reliced custom shop strat, build 2004. Owner told me atleast 1/3 of the wear was his because it got played a lot. I passed on it because the neck was too big for my taste, but price was really sweet, should have taken it just to flip it but hey, I'm not a gear flipper. Anyway, yesterday I see the guitar for sale again, so obviously someone else bought it to flip it, and now the guitar is labeled als mint and in good condition. Yeah whatever man

Crotch

Hero
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
The argument of the aged and non aged crowd is stupid. Some people like aged guitars. Deal with it. There's obviously a market for it.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
The buckle rash is not consistent with any factory aging I've ever seen. Not sure that would be enough to dissuade me from keeping such a nice guitar, but you're the one who has to look at it every day. If it bugs you now it's going to bug you forever.
Ya, but you look at the front, not the back. I know the backside of mine looks worse than the front.