Aged Hardware vs Pristine Hardware... Which looks better?

Wyatt Earp

Reaction score
The aged hardware is the stock hardware. The pristine hardware is replacement Gibson, plus Schaller tuners and a ABRH bridge. I can't decide which looks better... What say you? I was thinking about going with the aged hardware, and trashing the pickup covers.

frozenotter

?
Premium Member
Reaction score
That aged chrome looks fantastic. Personally I hate tuxedos, but I love a worn out black leather jacket.

Wyatt Earp

Reaction score
The guitar is a 1996, but the finish is like new, and never polished out. The original owner bought it from SA in '96, but ended up enlisting in the US Army, so it sat at his parents has for years. I artificially aged the hardware, which came out good, but I think I may have over did it a bit, I don't know? The stock 496T/R pups were questionable, so I replaced the magnets with un-oriented alnico V magnets... What an improvement! I've never been a fan of pickup covers on humbucker pickups, so they may go regardless. Except for the tuners and bridge, the replacement hardware is the same Schaller/Gibson hardware that was used in 1996. I have the TOM bridge stashed.