After years of heavy playing, older drummers feel toll on health

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Oh man, you guys are killing it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am a veteran of having had two different drummers live on my couch. One, we finally had to give a room just so he wouldn't be sprawled out snoring and drooling all over the couch every time someone stopped by to visit.

All stereotypes are rooted in some truth.
:)

mdubya

Reaction score
All stereotypes are rooted in some truth.
:)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You don't even know. :lol:

I remember coming home from work one day and the one guy had been reading the encyclopedia all day. "Hey did you know that in 1960, Algeria and France...."

Uh, no. I had to work all day.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
It's a bitch then you die. Hopefully once. I want to go out like a EL 34 tube, a pop then a fizz!

wavemagnet

Reaction score
Guys like Max Roach, Elvin Jones and even Charlie Watts have (had) a lot more finesse to their style of playing. Most "rock" drummers basically just beat the **** out of their kits. It's amazing they were able to play as many years as they have. Unfortunately, going to the gym cannot completely reverse the hands (no Pun intended) of time.

NRBQ

Reaction score
As a now early 50 something drummer, I can tell you that for me time has smoothed out much of my extra motion while playing. I now use much more wrist action than whole arm action. There's just something about time that streamlines things for musicians. I can play longer now with less effort than in years gone by. My limb independence is also much greater now, practice practice practice. But then again I'm not gigging anymore so what the hell do I know about it.

sixstrings

Reaction score
Nice article in that I feel sorry for all the pain and suffering drummers experience except for the pain and suffering Lars Ulrich feels.

parts

Reaction score
Three of the last drummers I had in bands..are no longer alive..

All had issues with health..and resolved to self medicate with either or and drugs and alcohol..but then..
I am the only one left from those bands,, Most never made it past 50-55 years old..

Sadly

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score

mdubya

Reaction score
All of that animal tranquilizer takes its toll. :shock:

8:20

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIjH9OU2JKw[/ame]

Latest Threads