AFD Les Paul Special

rem22

Reaction score
Nah it's just that everyone is in search of that "Slash Tone". He gets it from a 1959 Les Paul copy..

’59 Les Paul replica built by Kris Derrig | Slash's World

Yes, but people need time to discover this, it is part of their "guitar jouney".

I was always looking for this particular sound also, not 100% match of course, but pretty close to be able to play GnR songs with another tone that the Beatles ;)
I had difficulties with my vt20+ and my microcube, it was never good sounding for GnR lead or power chords.... then I walked in a guitar store, tried a few amp, among them a blackstar HT-5R and that was it.
I think I had a pretty convincing sound for playing GnR songs now, it is not very complicated. It is not 100% accurate, but it is really close...

all of people who are asking for Slash tone just want some clues and tips to be able to play correctly some gnR songs. Truth is, give them a Marshall tube amp or a Blackstar tube amp and they will be happy.
Like I said, part of the journey.

RTH

€piphoneWiki Team
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Its a cool little guitar by its own merit. Forget Slash. Take off the headstock logo, change the name and all the haters would love this guitar for all the right reasons...or it would, at the very least, fly under everyones' radar.

EVH9442

Reaction score
Unfortunately EVH, there's not much love around here for anything Slash-related - I think it's to do with the fact that he's a famous guitarist and most here aren't nor ever could be - and people will take the piss every chance they get.

I'm with you - it's a cool guitar... for kids.

Thank you, all I said that it's a cool novelty! Especially considering many forum members here own vintage Gibsons and Custom Shop to compare it to!

jamdogg

Reaction score
Would be a cool project to convert to 2v 2t and move the selector switch where it belongs.....if you dig butchering cheap guitars. :slash:

RTH

€piphoneWiki Team
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Would be a cool project to convert to 2v 2t and move the selector switch where it belongs.....if you dig butchering cheap guitars. :slash:

That's the spirit! Better than butchering an expensive guitar!

rem22

Reaction score
Unfortunately EVH, there's not much love around here for anything Slash-related - I think it's to do with the fact that...

I had that feeling too...in fact I think it is because if the very important number of threads related to Slash gear, people are sick of that. It is the very common "How do I get Slash tone ?" While basically you get90% of Slash tone with a LP with an Alnico on a Marshall-ish tube amp. And that's cool, I think it is the beauty of Rock n Roll and Slash tone : its simplicity.

And if you look at Slash popularity among non experienced guitarists....and his popularity on experienced players, you see that it is not the same at all.
I've been there...I've loved Slash and I still love him, but in the meantime and my learning guitar experience, I've discovered a bunch of other very great guitarists, very talented. slash is no more a guitar hero to me, he is one of many great guitarists on Earth. He is the one though that made me want to learn the guitar, so, I'm truly thankful for that.
Just my personal experience.

davies

Banned/Not Banned
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything you say dude.

Some people thing it's not cool to be a Slash fan, which I don't understand. Whilst he's not the greatest guitarist in the world (his live playing is as sloppy as hell), he was in the right place at the right time and had/has an instantly recognisable image.

He was an inspiration for many people and thousands learned (or wanted to learn) to play guitar because of him - which can only be a good thing.

I'm not a fanboy by any means but more power to him and others like him I say.

And if Epiphone want to bring out another Slash model, then that's their right. They're in the business of making money and more power to them too.

EVH9442

Reaction score
I agree with everything you say dude.

Some people thing it's not cool to be a Slash fan, which I don't understand. Whilst he's not the greatest guitarist in the world (his live playing is as sloppy as hell), he was in the right place at the right time and had/has an instantly recognisable image.

He was an inspiration for many people and thousands learned (or wanted to learn) to play guitar because of him - which can only be a good thing.

I'm not a fanboy by any means but more power to him and others like him I say.

And if Epiphone want to bring out another Slash model, then that's their right. They're in the business of making money and more power to them too.

Exactly, like I said folks! Cool beginner guitar/toy! Case closed!

Latest Threads