AFD Les Paul Special

EVH9442

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this??? Slash has been given yet another signature Paul. I assume it's a stock Epi Les Paul Special with a flamed maple veneer and zebra pups...along with Epiphones' classic painted-on binding. Overall, it's a unique beginners guitar, and looks like something that could also be a cool toy or project guitar. Check it out!

Epiphone Slash "AFD" Les Paul Special-II Guitar Outfit

EVH9442

Reaction score
Almost forgot to mention the hardware specs...how exclusive. "..features Epiphone’s premium all-metal hardware including a legendary Tune-o-Matic™ bridge and Stopbar™ tailpiece and strap buttons."

Of course I can't buy an Epiphone without first assuring myself I'm getting Epiphone's Legendary strap buttons as well! Laughed at that for some reason, anyways, Enjoy!

hrfdez

Reaction score
That's awesome, just like Slash's!

:lol:

rem22

Reaction score
Big news...for those who lived in a cavern for the past months ;) lol
Yeah it is quite seducing for beginners or Slash fans, and for once, a Slash guitar is not totally silly on the price.
But on the other hand, no serious construction and no Slash pups. The integrated tuner is a cool thing, especially for beginners.

MrJudd77

Reaction score
Seriously considered this for about 30 min. Then came to my senses and got the T+:dude:

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I assume it's a stock Epi Les Paul Special with a flamed maple veneer and zebra pups...along with Epiphones' classic painted-on binding.

Some folks never learn....

Roshy Boy

Reaction score
Ahh! You made me look.

Good thing I have discipline, after just buying
two guitars in the last month.

I like it. The only thing cooler would have been
if Epi made a video with him playing it and showing
how the tuner works. :slash:

EVH9442

Reaction score
You Lester enthusiasts seem to have no interest, but I guarantee they're going to sell a lot of these things to 13-year-olds. If they released this after the guitar hero game, Epiphone would've been rich...

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
You Lester enthusiasts seem to have no interest, but I guarantee they're going to sell a lot of these things to 13-year-olds. If they released this after the guitar hero game, Epiphone would've been rich...

Most of us aren't 13 yo kids.....

:lol::lol::lol:

rem22

Reaction score

And ? If it gives some kids te envy to play and learn guitar, that's a total win for them.
I discovered during a Wii night with friends that playing guitar over a music you like is something great that I terribly enjoyed. And it was just a piece of plastic with some buttons. One year later I bought a real guitar and....2 years later here I am.
So, long life to these games, they don't harm you, they don't harm kids and they may reveal to some kids the joy of playing guitar. Amen :)

davies

Banned/Not Banned
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And? If it gives some kids the envy to play and learn guitar, that's a total win for them.

This. Every time.

They should've put traps on it.

Some people will forever be snobs.

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Slash tone actually comes from '59 Lester.. Don't tell anyone tho.

EVH9442

Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous. I'm not saying it's a bad idea or a bad guitar for that matter. All I'm saying is that this guitar is more of a "novelty", or a beginners guitar. I loved the hell out of guitar hero, I really don't see where or when I ever bashed the game in this thread...re-read what I said folks, thanks

EVH9442

Reaction score
Most of us aren't 13 yo kids.....

:lol::lol::lol:

Good one..but I'm pretty sure everyone here knows as well as I do that this Les Paul Special is a mile and a half away from authentic Slash tone. Try another photo that makes sense :cool:

davies

Banned/Not Banned
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately EVH, there's not much love around here for anything Slash-related - I think it's to do with the fact that he's a famous guitarist and most here aren't nor ever could be - and people will take the piss every chance they get.

I'm with you - it's a cool guitar... for kids.

matiac

Reaction score
I think a kid that was into G'NR, or a parent of such, would probably get this to satisfy their, or their kids Slash-jones. Not all of us can afford, or even maybe want a T+, and this budget guitar would be right up their alley. I'd play out with that, everyone in the crowd except the one or two guitar-snobs is even gonna know, or care WHAT it is, just PLAY the damned thing!

davies

Banned/Not Banned
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think a kid that was into G'NR, or a parent of such, would probably get this to satisfy their, or their kids Slash-jones. Not all of us can afford, or even maybe want a T+, and this budget guitar would be right up their alley. I'd play out with that, everyone in the crowd except the one or two guitar-snobs is even gonna know, or care WHAT it is, just PLAY the damned thing!

This. Every time. Also.

Snobs gonna be snobs.

Roshy Boy

Reaction score
Finding reasons to not like a certain guitar has fascinated me. It's like that on all the forums. Seems some folks are soentrenched in their views that anything that doesn't match up, must not be any good.

Quality and value is in the eye of the beholder. This Epi is geared toward a certain segment. If you don't fit that segment, I don't know why it's necessary to discourage people who like it from buying it.

It is what it is. A really cool inexpensive guitar. If I had a kid, I would buy it in a heart beat for him, just so I could get another guitar in the house. Then he would have to fight me to get it out of my hands, because I would want to play it. It looks like a fun guitar. It's simplicity is very tele like.

Latest Threads