Advice on set up please? Effects rack + board(s) + Echolette

Tevilspek

Reaction score
I tried searching around the net but thought the volume (amount) of my setup warranted a thread. Sorry if it's been covered over and over...

So I am thinking I'm going to use both my effects rack and my pedal board, along with an old Echolette tape delay and some noise tweaker pedals.
The rack does a nice job of digital delays, boosts, mods and chorus and some other unique sounds and stuff that I'd like to use (like a vibrato swell that's very.. unique).
Along with the FC-50 board and the FS-6 it gives me a lot of options.
The pedal board holds my gain, reverb, analog effects, wah etc.

Anyone here have experience with setting up just one effects rack in a gigging environment?
I don't want to setup a full rack system. I just need to incorporate one rack somehow..
Did you put the rack into a 1 rack enclosure and sit it on something..?
Are there brands to look for for a one rack enclosure? I tried eBaying and Googling but don't know what to look for.

The effects rack will go through the effects loop, but it has a superb tuner that I'd like to be able to see on stage (and can control with a footswitch easily), so it needs to be somewhere visual..

I'll be using an amp head (Supersonic 60) and a 2x12 cab.
Pedal board is pretty extensive.
I also have to think about where to position a large vintage Echolette tape delay.
I'm guessing the Echolette should go through the FX loop too.
I could sit the Echolette on top of the rack with the rack inside an enclosure? On a small table..?
I'd like to have access to the controls of the Echolette.

Added to that (!!) I also have a couple of noise tweaker pedals that have knobs I turn manually, so I am thinking of getting them off the pedal board and somewhere accessible. Like next to the Echolette.

The pedal board, the Echolette and the tweaker pedals will all be on/off activated through a 10 loop box I'm currently getting made.

Yeah.. I'm going to have cords going everywhere... I'll deal with that when I need to...

Anyone had experience setting up such a setup?
Does anyone have a 1 up rack enclosure (preferably closeable) to sell?
Could be 2 up I guess. Am in Australia though.

It's not really a case of whether or not to use racks and boards etc etc as I am all about just experimenting and not following rules anyway.

Yes, it's going to be a massive setup, but we're all about soundscapes and textures. We're not a rock band.

I just love MLP for all the info available so it's my first port of call. I'll keep searching too.

Thanks all!

Syn

Reaction score
You could have a rack built to house everything. You could also have a pull out drawer for your noise tweaker pedals so they would be elevated and within reach on stage. This would also leave your rack module visible so you old use the tuner on stage.
This could also be combined into a flight case for your amp head.
Just wheel the flight case in, sit it next to the cab, plug it in and go. You can leave the effects wired in to the amp if you go with this option.
Just the first thought that came to mind...

Tevilspek

Reaction score
Syn,

Yeah cheers man, that's some great info.
As it happens, there's a fella selling a 4U case a couple of suburbs from me, so I'm going to go around tonight and see if the Echolette and rack will fit inside.
If there's room for a pull out tray too, even better!

I'll have to look into getting something custom made. I appreciate the advice.
Cheers.

Syn

Reaction score
No problem. Hope you find something suitable.

Tevilspek

Reaction score
Just so happens a local guy was selling a 4U case with a carpetted extendable shelf already built in for $50.
Perfect for the rack in the top slot and the fx loop pedals on the bottom shelf!
Can then sit the Echolette on top for an easy link into the fx loop (and easy access).

Just need to get to a hardware store to find some screws to screw the rack in with and I'm sorted for the weekend.
Cheers for the direction, man.

Latest Threads