advice on new knobs?

Reaction score
putting new pots and an orange drop cap in my epi custom and a SD JB sh4,
not my picture, but same knobs, if they fit on the new pots (CTS 0116), i may just keep them.

my question however, can anyone tell me what knobs will for sure fit on the CTS 0116 pots?

_c139829_image_0.JPG

MaceRider

Reaction score
Aren't all guitar volume/tone knobs pretty much the same size? They're all built to fit a specific diameter pot shaft.

I think it's a safe bet to assume any guitar knobs will fit any guitar-sized pots.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently the musical instrument world can't get its shit together and decide on a single standard.

Fuelish

Reaction score
Just don't use 'amber' knobs

:lol:
LOL.....I'm not against amber knobs, per se, just the horrid stock Epi knobs....I have a honeyburst (on the darker side of honey) with aftermarket amber speed knobs, looks fine, better than gold or black would've looked - I like speed knobs in general

houston

Reaction score
CTS = "US/Gibson" = 1/4" fine spline

Alpha & Bourns = "import" = 6mm coarse shaft

Personally, I don't think switching to CTS is worth it (cost a lot more, holes don't fit, knobs don't fit, not necessarily better quality.)

Buzzin_Cousin

Reaction score
CTS = "US/Gibson" = 1/4" fine spline

Alpha & Bourns = "import" = 6mm coarse shaft

Personally, I don't think switching to CTS is worth it (cost a lot more, holes don't fit, knobs don't fit, not necessarily better quality.)

I was somehow able to get mm import knobs onto cts pot shafts. IIRc it involved a lot of pushing and a belt sander. I wouldn't recommend it.

straybeat

Reaction score
Aren't all guitar volume/tone knobs pretty much the same size? They're all built to fit a specific diameter pot shaft.

I think it's a safe bet to assume any guitar knobs will fit any guitar-sized pots.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently the musical instrument world can't get its shit together and decide on a single standard.

Naw, it's just metric vs. American standard is all. :D

fishered

Reaction score
I have changed knobs back and forth on all my guitars some epi some aftermarket some Gibson I don,t have a problem just squeeze the shaft a little or use a knife and open a little they all seem to fit.i have all different pots

Epi rocks

Reaction score
Not sure Buzz. :dunno:
They look similar to what I had on my old Gibby '67 Std SG.
I just thought they'd look cool on the Black Beauty is all.

I put something completely different on mine though.

MooCheng

Reaction score
I kinda like the speeds, lots of guys dont like them, but they feel right for hooking ya pinky round

Latest Threads