hi guys

I bought an HK tubemeister 18 and i´m want to buy the cabinet

I saw on thomann.de several options:

harley benton with 2x12" celestion V30

laney cab with 2 x HH Custom Designed 12"

Laney GS212IE Guitar Cabinet – 2x 12" Celestion Seventy 80's speaker

palmer cab with 2x 12 Celestion Greenback speakers

i like to play some cleans sounds and some rock type ACDC

The price of the harley benton is very nice and a lot of people talks nice off the vintage30 but the question if i spend a few more coins.... maybe i will be better equiped!

Sorry for my written english...
Sérgio
Portugal

lifele55

Reaction score
I don't have any experience of any other cabs but my Laney GS212IE gets the job done. The stock Seventy 80s were good but I eventually swapped them out with Eminence. For the price, its great.

gtangas

Reaction score
yeah i saw some nice review on that cab. It´s a little bit more money..

Celestion has a good reputation, no doubt, but i do not know if in this range of entry range the eminence legende not be better.

I know the dimensions of the cabinet and the wood used is of great importance and sometimes the speakers have different voices from cab to cab ...

i found in MusicStore one cabinet with eminence legend almost for the same price as the celestions ....

I like a warm bass sound, dont like so mutch a to trebelly type... maybe this will help in your comments!

frehley76

Reaction score
I find mine loves V30's. I am running mine with a WGS Retro 30, and I am happy with it!

Wright63

Reaction score
Cant help ya out on the cabs you listed but, I use a custom made 2x12 slant cab-closed back, made w/white pine (completely knot free) and 7 ply baltic birch baffle. Loaded w/ Celestion Vintage 30's. IMO it sounds bad arse! I bought the unfinished cab from a guy on flea-bay. Just finish the tolex/grill cloth yourself and you'll have a nice cab for cheap.

Attachments

• amp1.JPG
    amp1.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 26
  • amp2.JPG
    amp2.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 26

gtangas

Reaction score
ok

but the celestions ara taking the choices...

Any one with experiencie of the eminence vs V30?

Reaction score
As you can see here I run my TM18 with 2 Orange PPC 1x12's.

Great thing with this setup is I can alternate between using top or bottom cabs (less or more bass) or both. They are made of birch ply, Celestion V30 loaded. Can also switch to 1 cab to tame volume a bit, or for recording, etc.

I highly recommend them for the TM18.

There is a PPC 2x12 if that's more your thing.

Oh forgot to mention too, they don't have 4 feet, but rather 2 long bars, better connection to ground for bass response. Good for the TM18 as I found it a little lacking in bass (great amp though overall isn't it!)

strictlyrhythm-albums-my-guitars-picture52337-h-k-all-warmed-up-ready-rock.jpg

gtangas

Reaction score
they don't have 4 feet, but rather 2 long bars, better connection to ground for bass response.

That´s a interesting idea!!

I´ve been listening to several samples of the V30 and the GreenBack and i prefer the sound of the V30

Searching the web i found the Marshall 2061cx 2x12" and.... OMG I love the cab...

I think i will buy the thomann cab (the price of the cab it’s the same price of buying only the 2 speakers) and with some patience and some relaxing weekend time build one clone of it!

What is the best wood for cab? Ply?

I can take the handles, the speakers, connections of the thomann cab and apply it on the clone

Chocolate brown tolex with a cream tolex…. Hum hum !!!!

the grill cloth… it’s a big problem to find here in Portugal some nice material with a ok price!

mar_four_front.jpg

gtangas

Reaction score
Hello Again

So i found a guy that have on 2061cx cab like the one on the photo but loaded with 2 greenbacks g12m

I have listen and listen to several videos and some samples.... and i cant make my mind!

What do you guys think? V30 or greenback?!?!?!?!?!

Thx

Latest Threads