advice needed on Joe bonamassa epiphone.

marshall123

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls

I'm buying a epiphone jb this week, it's had new locking grovers, fret work and bone nut all done by a professional, it also comes with a gotoh ge103b-t bridge (not installed yet) do ye think it will be worth it to get the gotoh installed and buy the matching gotoh tailpiece??

Will I notice a difference and is it straight forward job, I don't want to have any holes drilled etc.

Cheers lads

g8tr

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
straightforward, easy swap.

Nilitara

Reaction score
Firstly congrats on your incoming purchase! They are great guitars I've had mine from launch and shall never part with it. I too am planning on changing the tailpiece...going to go down the Aluminium Gotoh route. Just wondering is it the Aluminium one you are planning on fitting too? Look forward to seeing pics when it arrives!!

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
The JB is a sweet guitar. As said earlier, bridge & tailpiece replacement is just a straight drop-in. I highly recommend the Gotoh aluminum tailpiece. It really woke up my '56GT.:thumb:

leoslp

Reaction score
I would highly recommend the Gotoh bridge and aluminum stop. I have 1 of the 2nd run JBLP's and its a great guitar with a proper set up. Joe himself spec'd his signature guitar and Epi did a really nice job of giving him what he wanted to see at a very reasonable price. But after it was all said and done, Epi did just use their regular stop/tom which leaves a lot to be desired.

I had already gone this route with another Epi and knew what to expect, so the same day I ordered my JBLP, I ordered the Gotoh stop/tom from StewMac.

marshall123

Reaction score
gotoh-nashville-ge103b-t-tune-o-matic-large-posts-chrome-cd8930ch-96-p[ekm]288x244[ekm].jpg
Here is the bridge that im getting with the guitar like I said it hasnt been fitted yet, its Hard zinc will this be good enough?

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
hey guys is this the tail piece ye are talking about? this would be my first time getting something other than pickups changed so gonna leave it down to ye:naughty: (no pressure). ye know best.

STEWMAC.COM : Gotoh Aluminum Stop Tailpiece

Thanks

Yep, that's the one. Just make sure you get the metric version. No need to remove the old bushings from the body, it'll screw right in.

Latest Threads