Adding P94s to my SG, Do I need PCB Connectors?

Naukuga

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm looking to replace my 490's in my SG with some P94's (Humbucker sized 90's) and im wondering if the P94's that i order will come with the PCB (Printed circuit board) connectors that my pickups currently are using or if i will need to order some.

Would a 2 pin Molex from radio shack fit these or is it some special gibson part?

For Reference here is what the guts of my SG looks like. I'm talking about the pieces that connect the Pup's to the Board.

DSCF4557.JPG

Zenzeypher

Reaction score
you will need to purchase the connector.

they come with several wires, my P94 had 5 wires one to reverse phase.

soldering them up to the molex should be easy as eating pie, more so if you really love pie.

or you can remove the teeth from the existing plug unsolder and reuse it for the p94? all it usually takes is a pin down the hole to loosen the teeth from the molex and away you go.

Naukuga

Reaction score
you will need to purchase the connector.

they come with several wires, my P94 had 5 wires one to reverse phase.

soldering them up to the molex should be easy as eating pie, more so if you really love pie.

or you can remove the teeth from the existing plug unsolder and reuse it for the p94? all it usually takes is a pin down the hole to loosen the teeth from the molex and away you go.

Any idea where I can purchase a Gibson one? Or do I need to try to use some generic parts from RadioShack or something?

Zenzeypher

Reaction score
if you can unplug it and take a clear picture of the connector I can tell you what part it is.

They seem to be standard connector found in PCs mainly for fans I think - but a foto would clear that up thanks.

also I think if you have a good memory your local Radio Shack should have one off the shelf.

Latest Threads