Adding Mo'Jo' in your Builds

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
20181110_075110.jpg

Under the top proofs in the pic going the full 9 ysrds ... whats your mojo ?

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Reaction score
Mine also hang in my studio while the nitro is hardening, and so are treated to a lot of loud, hard rock while “in utero”

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
The more mistakes I have to fix, the more mojo they seem to have.

.....or maybe its just relief that I got the guitar finished and it is actually fully playable:hmm:

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The more mistakes I have to fix, the more mojo they seem to have.

.....or maybe its just relief that I got the guitar finished and it is actually fully playable:hmm:
My build evolve as the build goes on.Seems delays from subs or supplys lead down another road.Like my current build started as a 58 explorer is now a very Hamer ish 7 string semi hollow body arched front n back flame maple with a F hole with hollowbody tailpiece.

Sunburstman

Reaction score
Hey Guys! I think the mojo is that the guitars are all hand made by us builders, which makes them better!!!

cain61

Reaction score
Mine also hang in my studio while the nitro is hardening, and so are treated to a lot of loud, hard rock while “in utero”
Have you ever thought about making an album with that name, Chris?:rofl:

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Reaction score
My build evolve as the build goes on.Seems delays from subs or supplys lead down another road.Like my current build started as a 58 explorer is now a very Hamer ish 7 string semi hollow body arched front n back flame maple with a F hole with hollowbody tailpiece.
Lol. I'm about 100% opposite :)

I design in CAD and build exactly to the design. Other than having to fix the occasional screw-up, my builds are 100% visualized and planned before a single piece of wood is cut, and within the variations imposed by wood they arrive at completion pretty much exactly as planned.

Now in retrospect some of my original designs were fugly, but they turned out exactly as fugly as the plan.

My designs evolve over the course of repeated attempts as I learn what worked well and what didn't, what looked good and what didn't, what process was more efficient, etc.

They never change course within a single build.

To each their own :)

fretman_2

Reaction score
To get some Mojo, I always build some sort of imperfection into mine. The way the Mojo works is that I always don't know where the imperfection will show up. If that's not Mojo I don't know what is!

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Reaction score
To get some Mojo, I always build some sort of imperfection into mine. The way the Mojo works is that I always don't know where the imperfection will show up. If that's not Mojo I don't know what is!
I build mojo into the design. If I then fail to produce what is in the design, then I get no mojo :)

TeleDog

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Stick to reality! No fake crap, ok? No fake carvings or anything...

ARandall

Reaction score
Whats a 'fake carving' in the context of building a guitar.....or in any context when you make something from scratch for that matter.

BPW666

Reaction score
O dear, i do try to avoid fake carving but I'm not sure i could manage without the "anything..." that vital in my builds, i use it all the time.