Adam Jones sigs stolen during shipment

Bluesky

Reaction score
"I HAVE RECEIPT FROM THE GUITAR DEALER...THIS ONE IS LEGIT.I RECEIVED IT BEFORE THE SWEETWATER INCIDENT!!!ON THAT NOTE, MY CONDOLENCES TO THOSE IMPACTED BY THE THEFT.I AM A TOOL SUPERFAN AND CAN'T IMAGINE BEING IN THAT SITUATION. "

So let me try and hose out 20 - 30 grand........:slap: what a douche

Oddball667

Reaction score
Still think its funny nobody is stealing slashes Gibson copies of Gibson's

palmerfralick

Reaction score
The theives really dicked up! Dude they stole from the Jehovah's Witness' of guitar stores. Them dudes will pound the phones relentlessy hunting for them "Hey buddy this is Wayne from Sweetwater, just callin to see if youve happened to see our stolen guitars..." These dudes could have found Sadam, Osama, DB Cooper and Jimmy Hoffa if any one of them would have even bought a set of strings from Sweetwater.

Dude, I almost spit my coffee, so right on. Their ads will come up on every website I visit for days.

cowboy bebop

Reaction score
Who has the strength to carry than many 11 pound guitars??? I kid but, they are probably on the heavy side I'd imagine.

Reactions: Arf

donthewatcher

Reaction score
inside job, and depending where the stolen guitars are sold on ebay or private craigslist adds, reverb, etc... to many wretched people in this world good luck.

LPJNoob

Reaction score
Just when we thought 2020 couldn't be worst...
It really sucks because these are really special guitars, but I bet it would be easy to identify them if they try to re-sell them, those bastards.
I believe they're listed as "stolen" all over that city/state & there are folks keeping an eye out for them. Sucks they were stolen, good luck.

LPJNoob

Reaction score
Damn that’s crazy. I heard of these things happening to iPhone shipments... but on guitars?! Weird. I hope they recover them and you receive it soon!
IMO, Stuff like stolen Iphones, Guitars, etc., usually end up being an inside job or a friend of someone who knows what's going on.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
The theives really dicked up! Dude they stole from the Jehovah's Witness' of guitar stores. Them dudes will pound the phones relentlessy hunting for them "Hey buddy this is Wayne from Sweetwater, just callin to see if youve happened to see our stolen guitars..." These dudes could have found Sadam, Osama, DB Cooper and Jimmy Hoffa if any one of them would have even bought a set of strings from Sweetwater.
Yea, I bought a capo from Sweetwater 2 years ago, and my salesman sends me constant emails to see if I need anything. Bad news for him is I already have 2 of everything (or 15 in the case of guitars), so I'm just out off room for any more gear...

charlie

Reaction score
I wonder if they are giving the driver the table, swinging lamp, Hammer routine. Or maybe a circular saw.

twinrider1

Reaction score

One by one, the gang of thieves was taken out. The police investigated, but there were no arrests. The only clue connecting the murders, a bag of candy stuffed in the mouth of each victim.

bentfinger

Reaction score
Thieves stole a shipping pallet containing 10+ AJ sigs, signed and unsigned, during shipping to a major US dealer. One was destined for me and there’s little optimism of recovery. These guitars seem to have been specifically targeted.

Gibson is going to make a statement. It’s a first world problem but I am still disappointed. Gibson is not going to make more to replace so bye bye AJ sig for me.
Gibson oh Gibson!! What were they playing at. Can they really afford to lose so many very expensive instruments in one go. Poor you, I am so sorry for you I have no doubt you were really anticipating receiving and playing this exceptional guitar.
Thieving scum . I hope you haven't lost any money as well.

DigitalTone

Reaction score
Inside job and/or insurance fraud. Whole thing screams inside job.
2 things : wouldn't put the whole thing past SW and/or Tool as a marketing ploy to stay relevant.
I personally think those guitars are butt-ugly and in no way worth $95K.
Nobody breaks into a Trucker lot with 35 armed Truckers [they carry pistols] without someone intervening.
Gotta say, I know the guys in TOOL and they are very upset about this. One thing they always want to do 100% when in the public eye is deliver for their fans. You can't charge stuff like that if people might not get it.

Arf

Reaction score
Thieves stole a shipping pallet containing 10+ AJ sigs, signed and unsigned, during shipping to a major US dealer. One was destined for me and there’s little optimism of recovery. These guitars seem to have been specifically targeted.

Gibson is going to make a statement. It’s a first world problem but I am still disappointed. Gibson is not going to make more to replace so bye bye AJ sig for me.
Imagine their disappointment when they open them up and see those eye-sores. They'll be returned in no time. Everybody hated them when they were new, the ugliest Les Paul ever and I still do. A reissue would never have happened without a really good guitar player's name on it.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Thats just business. If I had one and could double my price I would too.
NP. If you can get it, get it........but paraphrasing it......."MY CONDOLENCES TO THOSE IMPACTED BY THE THEFT.I AM A TOOL SUPERFAN AND CAN'T IMAGINE BEING IN THAT SITUATION. " Makes him a tool IMO. PUN intended.....

Last edited:

DigitalTone

Reaction score
Imagine their disappointment when they open them up and see those eye-sores. They'll be returned in no time. Everybody hated them when they were new, the ugliest Les Paul ever and I still do. A reissue would never have happened without a really good guitar player's name on it.
Truth. I'm a TOOL fan, and I don't like the Silverburst. It's just ugly to me.

gridbias

Reaction score
Just when we thought 2020 couldn't be worst...
It really sucks because these are really special guitars, but I bet it would be easy to identify them if they try to re-sell them, those bastards.
The serial numbers were shown on Trogoly's guitar show recently..

Latest Threads