Adam Jones sigs stolen during shipment

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
Puts on tinfoil hat

They'll turn up in a few years and get 'returned' back to Gibson where they will get sold along with the backstory for a few extra ££$$.

Pretty crap though for anyone who was waiting on one. They look great.

PGguy

Reaction score
Or be found and turned into a painted over series, like much of the unsold CC's were,

DarthPaul

Reaction score
I scoped the place out on Google Earth.
The lot could easily be accessed unnoticed from the outside. I couldn't locate any cameras in the back corner of the lot.
Have a look...
Screenshot_20201106-121717_Earth.jpg

20201106_134523.jpg

20201106_134729.jpg

Jp3764

Reaction score
Inside job and/or insurance fraud. Whole thing screams inside job.
2 things : wouldn't put the whole thing past SW and/or Tool as a marketing ploy to stay relevant.
I personally think those guitars are butt-ugly and in no way worth $95K.
Nobody breaks into a Trucker lot with 35 armed Truckers [they carry pistols] without someone intervening.

Brek

Reaction score
well although they are valuable and attractive to steal they are going to stick out like a sore tumb surely when they try to sell them, and who would buy them as is they are selling for such a markup there is no point as they will be pretty much unsellable. oh who is adam jones? Looks like a well planned job from the photos of the area, clean exit route, and gone.

Last edited:

DarthPaul

Reaction score
Nobody breaks into a Trucker lot with 35 armed Truckers [they carry pistols] without someone intervening.
By the looks of things, you wouldn't have to "break in". (see my above post)
Not arguing the fact of truckers being armed or watchful, but that lot looks far from secure. I'm surprised that there isn't a fence at least. Looks like they just back up to an empty field bordered by woods (with available access from the adjacent side road).

DotStudio

Reaction score
Inside job and/or insurance fraud. Whole thing screams inside job.
2 things : wouldn't put the whole thing past SW and/or Tool as a marketing ploy to stay relevant.
I personally think those guitars are butt-ugly and in no way worth $95K.
Tool had a No. 1 album last year and Sweetwater is pretty much the most respected name in the business. Not sure either is hurting for relevance.

Jp3764

Reaction score
Tool had a No. 1 album last year and Sweetwater is pretty much the most respected name in the business. Not sure either is hurting for relevance.
Subjective.
Tool ain't my thing, i had to ask who AJ was LOL.
Heard of Tool but not him.
My friend was in a Tool tribute band. I know about their music.
Again not my thing.
Neither is Miley Cirus or most music past 1990.
SW reminds me of a jar of bloodsucking leaches.

dsquared

Reaction score

The stolen guitars are surfacing already. Be on the lookout.

Ooh I want these fuckers to get caught.

mjross

Reaction score
Major F **k up! These are marked guitars and will be difficult to move. SW is making it known to the world. Don’t want to be caught holding or buying stolen property. And these guitars are expensive, idiots will do time, as they should!

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

Last edited:

SkaneatelesLake

Reaction score
I bet not only was this an inside job, but that they are already heading overseas. This really sucks as they all were already sold and now the people who bought one can't get it. We all have that one guitar we want and I bet these were the one guitar for the buyers. I would love to think the guy who finds them has a great right punch!

Mr Hockey

Reaction score
That definitely sucks. Hopefully they will find those guitars soon.

antiferous

Reaction score
My guitar was one of these also. Not the signed and aged, the VOS. Ended up dropping 2.5x retail on eBay to get one. It would be hilarious and fitting for 2020 of mine ends up being one of the stolen guitars. Definitely going to check. I doubt it however since the seller said he lost one on that truck too. I’ve heard Gibson isn’t going to remake them but I’m holding out hope.

Latest Threads