Adam Jones- NEW GUITAR DAY!

Pancreas

Reaction score
I see a lot of guys talking smack about these guitars, but I just received mine today and I freaking love it.
I've been a Tool fan since the early 90's, Adam Jones in particular.
Say what you will about the Art, after all, isn't Art supposed to be subjective?
As far as the Guitar goes, it's pretty freaking sweet, and knowing they only made 800 of them feels really cool too.
Anyway, here she is.... AJ3.jpg AJ4.jpg AJ1.jpg AJ2.jpg

Pancreas

Reaction score
Thanks man! Actually, it plays great. It chimes acoustically, and plugged in, it's a joy. I started playing a few Tool riffs at first (naturally) and it nailed the tone, but also cleans up very nicely. The neck is a nice blend of a 50' & 60's , and dig I the volute. I had intended to sell it right away if I didn't like it. But it's not going anywhere.

Seven

Reaction score
Hell Yeah! :dude:

Mine should be here tomorrow. I've been waiting for this since the first Gibson version was released. Epiphone really knocked it out of the park with these.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Thanks man! Actually, it plays great. It chimes acoustically, and plugged in, it's a joy. I started playing a few Tool riffs at first (naturally) and it nailed the tone, but also cleans up very nicely. The neck is a nice blend of a 50' & 60's , and dig I the volute. I had intended to sell it right away if I didn't like it. But it's not going anywhere.
Ahh I would hang onto it for a little while at least. Not sure what your intentions were with this thing money wise but get some fun out of it at least...

Pancreas

Reaction score
Hell Yeah! :dude:

Mine should be here tomorrow. I've been waiting for this since the first Gibson version was released. Epiphone really knocked it out of the park with these.
Congrats man! I hope you like yours as much as I like mine. When I opened the case for the first time I was floored. Pictures don't do it ANY justice. It's beautiful.

Pancreas

Reaction score
Ahh I would hang onto it for a little while at least. Not sure what your intentions were with this thing money wise but get some fun out of it at least...
Yeah man, I'm keeping this beauty. I have no intention of buying any of the other versions. I just wanted a cool Silverburst, and they don't come any cooler than this. Besides, I never liked those guys who buy up Limited Edition guitars and instantly list them for sale for double the money.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Yeah man, I'm keeping this beauty. I have no intention of buying any of the other versions. I just wanted a cool Silverburst, and they don't come any cooler than this. Besides, I never liked those guys who buy up Limited Edition guitars and instantly list them for sale for double the money.
Well thats good but I wouldn't fault you if you did buy it and flip it. I bet you a lot of guys did buy one to flip. You know that reverb will have quite a few of these for twice the price in no time...

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
800 of each one isn't there like 7 different art works?

darkvoice

Reaction score
It's already sold out... none of the major online stores have it in stock. Now the only place to get them will be reverb for double the price.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
800 of each one isn't there like 7 different art works?
Yes, plus 800 that will not have Artwork. 6400 guitars in total, 5600 with Artwork. Definitely not a rare guitar at all. haha

There will be plenty floating around for a more normal price than 2k-4k.

I wonder how many years Epiphone is going to Milk this, how far apart the 6 more Artwork versions as well as the one without Artwork will take to happen?

rbraad68

Reaction score
Yeah thats just nuts man! What will amaze me is when these guys start getting their asking price for these things.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Definitely a big congrats to Pancreas and Seven for getting one. Way to go!

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Congrats! I was fortunate enough to secure one of the Veil Of Bees on pre-order but wondering if I should forego it to get the Berserker graphic. They both look so good! I can’t choose haha.

Seven

Reaction score
I wonder how many years Epiphone is going to Milk this, how far apart the 6 more Artwork versions as well as the one without Artwork will take to happen?
I read somewhere that they were gonna release a new version every 3 - 4 months.

darkvoice

Reaction score
Yes, plus 800 that will not have Artwork. 6400 guitars in total, 5600 with Artwork. Definitely not a rare guitar at all. haha

There will be plenty floating around for a more normal price than 2k-4k.

I am afraid this could start a trend of guitars with artwork on the back. You normally see guitars with artwork on the front. It costs manufacturers very little to apply these graphics, they are not hand painted, but rather are done by a computer. These are not high quality graphics BTW, if you look at close pics you will see pixels.

noodlingguitars

Reaction score
Happy NGD! Interesting that the case doesn't have any markings (which I personally prefer).

Latest Threads