Active and Passive pickups?

Tucker2121

Reaction score
Ok, sorry if this is a bad question to ask, but what is the difference between Active and Passive Pickups?

Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2 and EMG's what are those

PINKBITS

Reaction score
No one uses Google anymore Dennis. :rolleyes:

Get with the times old man. :cool:

180gROC

Reaction score
Funny thing about that, is that google just directs you to another guitar forum.

If one guitar forum is full of google sarcasms, and the other is full of info that google points to, where should we hang out?

just sayin'... :naughty:

dennistruckdriver

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm just sayin'....the question has been answered thousands of times, and the question and the answers are available for the perusal of anyone who really cares to look.
When I have carb jetting questions for my YZ250F, or pickup truck accessories questions, I go look for it. I don't go around to a forum asking for someone to solve the mystery for me; I solve it myself! The lesson is learned better in that manner.
BTW, Tucker; WELCOME! I didn't mean my reply as a slam.

180gROC

Reaction score
I hear ya... I google the hell outta everything all the time. I just got struck by an odd irony when I followed your link, and the first search result was another guitar forum where somebody asked the question, and got it answered. Ya gotta admit, that's a little funny.

If someone eventually answers the question, including the appropriate keywords, maybe someday MLP can be that guitar forum that comes up first in the google search!

captcoolaid

Reaction score
Tucker read my post in your new pickups thread. And yes newbs need to learn about the search function. welcome by the way.

Jason

Reaction score
What is the best shampoo to use on my cat? He's orange.

TheWellGoodShow

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cat vs. Dog
Laptop vs. Desktops
Batteries vs. No Batteries.

Personal preference, each has their own style and unique-ness.

Latest Threads