Acoustic top and side separation

moreles

Reaction score
I wonder how long builders will offer warranties given the way many owners are clueless about how to maintain their instruments. (I'm not referring to any posts in this thread.) It must be a constant battle determining the validity of warranty claims made by people who let their guitars dry out or soak. And for those who do maintain properly, it must be a nightmare to see a top crack develop because a piece of wood is unsound. On the other hand, my 80 year old Gibson is sound and stable in all respects.

redking

Reaction score
Playing guitar is not for the faint of heart brother! :slash:

I wonder how long builders will offer warranties given the way many owners are clueless about how to maintain their instruments. (I'm not referring to any posts in this thread.) It must be a constant battle determining the validity of warranty claims made by people who let their guitars dry out or soak. And for those who do maintain properly, it must be a nightmare to see a top crack develop because a piece of wood is unsound. On the other hand, my 80 year old Gibson is sound and stable in all respects.

redking

Reaction score
UPDATE....So I'm told by the store Manager that my repair was covered under warranty and has been repaired! They did charge me $30 however for "re-hydrating" the guitar which I certainly won't quibble about. I'm going to the store to check it out tomorrow and assuming I'm happy with the repair I'm gonna get their luthier to put a LR Baggs Anthem SL in it for me.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
UPDATE....So I'm told by the store Manager that my repair was covered under warranty and has been repaired! They did charge me $30 however for "re-hydrating" the guitar which I certainly won't quibble about. I'm going to the store to check it out tomorrow and assuming I'm happy with the repair I'm gonna get their luthier to put a LR Baggs Anthem SL in it for me.
Good news! And the LR Baggs Anthem is lovely...

redking

Reaction score
Good news! And the LR Baggs Anthem is lovely...
Got the guitar back and basically looks brand new to the naked eye. I actually doubted myself when I opened the case as to which corner the separation was located. When I put on my high power reading glasses when I got home I could see a bit of super light wear around the repair site where he put it all back together but I will call this a success and lesson learned. Ordered the Anthem SL since they didn't have one in stock and looking forward to getting it put in.