Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Much brighter/clearer than similar guitars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

5F6-A

Reaction score
I love my 60s Strat style guitar. It's been with me for nearly 30 years and had been used for recording and many gigs. Today I recorded its acoustic tone today to listen to the "natural" tone of the guitar. I believe that a great electric guitar must sound good acoustically in the first instance. Not sure how it compares with acoustic tone of other similar guitars. Can you give it a listen and vote?
Thanks.

Last edited:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
My Strats are so fun to play acousticly I forget to plug them in sometimes! :rofl:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: this is impossible. ...but I'll play along. :)

I don't know what your room / mic / strings / etc. sound like so I'm just averaging everything against everything, which may not properly represent the actual instrument itself.

I'd say warmer than most modern and in an open and clear way which I might associate with an original.

Very nice.

dodona

Reaction score
I own 2 very good fenders. Nevertheless fenders are cheap mass products with bolt on necks. You can't compete them with a real guitar, a Gibson.

ARandall

Reaction score
I own 2 very good fenders. Nevertheless fenders are cheap mass products with bolt on necks. You can't compete them with a real guitar, a Gibson.
Is it still Friday somewhere:hmm:

jonesy

GLOBAL WIRING GURU
Reaction score
Best acoustic tone I ever got from and electric guitar was from a sugar pine body Tele (body only weighed only 3 lbs.) Weight does not necessarily equate to good tone or sustain.

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
I find the strings play a massive role in this. Particularly strats. My strat and my tele highlight old strings really well acoustically.

Yours siunds good to me

Latest Threads